Digital Designer (Email)
At Thread we’ve set out to rethink clothes shopping for the digital age. By combining talented stylists, powerful AI, and a marketplace with one of the largest fashion ranges in the world we’ve created a truly unique online platform that gives everyone in the world their own personal clothes store.
About The Role
We’re super excited to be hiring for a Digital Designer to help the team specialise on our successful email marketing channels as we rapidly scale both Menswear and Womenswear!
You will work alongside our talented Content Writers to design and build beautiful weekly emails, new email campaign tests and in the long term, refresh our regular product emails. This brand new role will report into our Creative Lead and also work as part of our wider Marketing and Product teams.
What you'll be doing
- Design and build at least two weekly content emails on both Menswear + Womenswear
- Design and build promotional emails for quarterly sales and other ad hoc promotions
- Design new email campaigns as part of the Thread’s growth projects and, in the future, execute the build too!
- Execute and take responsibility for adhering to our design grids, systems and components and take into account the brand principles at all stages.
- Although this role will be predominantly dedicated to email, we are looking for a designer that has a flare and passion for digital design in general. Working with the wider team you will have touch points with different elements of design.
- Working closely with the wider business including Content, Merchandising, CRM, Product and Engineering
What are we looking for?
- Strong experience designing emails for other brands/businesses
- In-depth knowledge of digital design software (Preferably Figma, but Adobe UX of InVision or similar should be transferable with some studying)
- High confidence using other Adobe software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign should you need to output create elements or GIFS for emails designs.
- Experience working with email CRM programmes such as VERO or Mailchimp - you should be highly competent at building emails within these programmes ‘drag and drop’ features
- Foundational knowledge of some front end HTML + CSS will be required. This role will need to support the email team in the long term executing MJML built templates. We are open to teaching this, but we want you to have a hunger and aptitude to learn.
- Experience in other areas of digital design and marketing is a plus, we’re looking for someone that’s committed to elevating the design of our emails first and foremost, but would hope your experience might extend beyond this in the future as the business grows.
- A basic understanding of email best practices
- An understanding of email metrics would be a bonus, but definitely not a must!
- This would not require back end coding knowledge, but some foundational html knowledge and ability and aptitude to learn on the go.
- A strong communicator who is passionate about all things user experience
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Thread is a clothes discovery service and personalised shop that makes it easy for people to dress well. We were founded in 2012 by three guys who wanted to dress well but found shopping to be a chore. There were too many options, and it was too hard to find new ideas for what to wear that would suit them specifically....