Email and Graphic Designer
At Ralph Trustees, we’re a small family with a big personality, where people and success matter. We have three unique hotels - The Grove in Hertfordshire, The Athenaeum in Mayfair and The Runnymede on Thames near Windsor, and whilst they each embody their own distinct personalities, we welcome yours too.
Over the last 9 months, we have had to adapt to an unprecedented time. As a result, our marketing teams were restructured in July to form a group-wide marketing hub. Small but perfectly formed, our team of 4 are now looking for an additional member of the team...and that’s where you come in.
If you’re a creative graphic designer that thrives working in a fast-paced environment with experience in digital and print design, as well as email, we would love to hear from you! (Please submit a portfolio of your work when applying).
You’ll be based at The Grove in Hertfordshire but with travel to our other properties as required.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Spearheading the brand development at each of the hotels, taking responsibility for all collateral and proactively updating items
- Designing high-quality brand-led items to enhance the guest experience, including seasonal activity guides
- Setting up templates for evergreen collateral that individual departments can update, such as menus
- Handling all liaison with external printers to ensure all print work is completed to the highest standards, in keeping with the individual hotel brands
- Taking on ad hoc design or styling projects, as briefed by the Group Marketing Partner, including developing new brand identities for future ventures .
- Working together with the Group Marketing Manager and website development agency to optimise the website/UX design
- Producing on-brand, eye-catching digital banner designs for each of the three hotels
- Supporting the Group Marketing Executive by creating story templates and graphics for social media
- Creating on-brand video content for a range of platforms, including the website and social media
- Working together with the Group CRM Manager to develop and optimise email communications.
- Designing innovative and on-brand email campaigns for the three hotels and their various guest types
- Creating responsive email templates - championing best practice and providing coding solutions for cross-client/platform issues
- Brand guardianship for The Grove, The Athenaeum and The Runnymede on Thames
- Working with the wider team to provide InDesign training for updating collateral templates
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends to help drive the business forward
- Relevant qualification (degree or equivalent) in Graphic Design, Illustration or similar
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC Suite, with a particular focus on Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Excellent practical knowledge of responsive HTML and CSS for email marketing
- Positive, self-starter attitude and a desire to learn
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable organisational skills with experience managing multiple projects at once
- A high quality portfolio to demonstrate exceptional design skills
- Previous experience working with luxury and/or hospitality brands
- Previous experience working with Travelclick
Why join us?
Alongside the personable touches that come with working for a family run business, we also offer a range of benefits that are designed to enable you to feel valued and appreciated as an important member of our team:
- The chance to make use of the on-site award-winning facilities such as the spa, golf course and gym.
- A staff canteen with a free meal during your shift
- A subsidised shuttle bus from Watford town centre
- Generous discounts for you and your family/friends on stays with the hotel
- Subsidised staff accommodation (if required)
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout