Email Design and Build Manager
12 month FTC
In a nutshell
You’ll support the Senior Marketing Manager working on e-mail transformation, in the design and build of new dynamic creative templates to support our e-mail strategy. You may also be required to support our existing E-mail Build Manager with the creation of our existing e-mails during busier periods or during leave.
What you’ll be doing
- Designing & building our Sainsbury’s Bank acquisition, cross-sell and growth e-mails
- Liaising with the Internal Agency, Database Marketing, Data Science and Campaign Management teams to create customer-led and engaging content
- Building and delivering the e-mail optimisation strategy through testing new content
- Liaising with other e-mail build providers to manage workload of internal and external production and apply best practice
- Liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations
- Contributing to, and developing, marketing plans
- Evaluating marketing campaigns and acting on data-led insights
- Building effective working relationships to understand our product portfolio, key benefit features and core product/customer strategies
- Monitoring our direct competitors and highlighting key market trends or patterns
- Supporting the Senior Marketing Manager in considering how to change customer behaviours, looking at how these changes impact customer needs and subsequent journeys
- Considering how marketing technology can enable us to deliver more efficient and effective campaigns
- Coordinating relevant governance to ensure the appropriate risk appetite is considered for campaign or project requirements by managing audit trails, sign offs and approvals
- Undertaking periodic process reviews, ensuring that we maximise efficiencies
What you need to know and show
- Extensive experience using HTML5 & design software
- Experience with Adobe Campaign would be desirable, but not essential.
- Creative and copywriting knowledge
- Proven expertise developing customer-focused communications and propositions
- Experience in managing 3rd party agencies
- A positive can-do attitude with a commercial focus
- Analytical ability to understand customer targets and channel choice, evaluating all options to pursue the most cost‐effective and profitable return on investment, plus a thorough understanding of post‐review learning
In addition to the all- important competitive salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So, we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsburys, Argos and Habitat store discount card
- Cycle to work scheme
A little about us & our culture
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours within their working days, giving plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! We’d also be happy to discuss more flexible working options such as job shares and part time working.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.
Primary Location GB-GB-Edinburgh
Sainsburys Bank Lochside and Home
Sainsbury's Bank 3 Lochside Avenue
Edinburgh EH12 9DJ
Advertised Salary Competitive
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
We’ve built a 150-year-old business on bright ideas and bold decisions. And nothing’s changed. As the UK’s second largest retailer, with over 1400 stores and a huge digital presence, we’re offering more online and in store than ever before. Smarter, greener, more affordable choices. And products that bring real joy....