From designing the first patented down jacket in America, to winning 50 industry awards in the last 5 years, Eddie Bauer has built a legacy of inspiration, innovation, and exploration over the last century. While our business has changed over the past 100 years, our work has remained centered around engaging in the transformative powers of the outdoors. Our ideas and actions are stronger, bolder, and more successful when we act together. We are committed as an organization in finding diverse and unique talent, with varied perspectives, and many different ideas. Every role within Eddie Bauer, from our corporate office to our stores, will have an opportunity to play a part in achieving our mission of inspiring, empowering and enabling everyone to experience the outdoors and live their adventure.
The Email/Digital Designer contributes to the success of an iconic American brand through the visual design and development of high quality interactive content and branded digital experiences for global e-commerce and digital marketing programs.
- Design and produce beautiful user-centered shopping experiences for a variety of media using design and content management system toolsets: desktop web, mobile web, mobile apps, email or marketing materials.
- Uphold brand standards across all creative deliverables.
- Help maintain user interface design across a variety of web and mobile products.
- Present work to cross-functional team and business owners.
- Collaborate with merchant, engineering, analytics, UX teams to design exceptional branded digital customer experiences.
- Partner with engineers and developers to ensure best possible technical solutions.
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as an Eddie Bauer advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
- As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
- 3+ years in web design, preferably in retail e-commerce.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or equivalent preferred.
- Strong visual design and typography skills.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite on Mac OS.
- Proficiency working in a Content Management System such as Adobe Experience Manager.
- Experience designing within the technical constraints of the web and devices including mobile web, mobile apps, HTML, CSS, browsers and web technologies.
- Expert photo retouching skills including accurate color correction and cloning.
- Professional demeanor, strong interpersonal, leadership, problem solving, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a collaborative environment moving swiftly under tight deadlines.
- Solid understanding of UX and HCI principles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
We consider it a privilege to be turning 100 years old. From designing the first patented down jacket in America to outfitting the first American ascent of Mt. Everest, we’ve built quite a legacy of inspiration, innovation, and exploration over the past century. But what’s even better than knowing where you’ve been? Be...