Mid-Weight Email Designer
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Due to our growth we are looking for a talented Email Designer to join our Creative team. You will either have a degree, equivalent qualification in a design or 2-3 years commercial experience working for an agency or in-house with a portfolio to support this. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing email creative and templates. You will work closely with Editorial & Marketing Teams, ensuring you deliver brand consistency across email, on-site banners and marketing materials for Childrensalon and Brands. You will have a keen eye for typography and contemporary design.
With your creative skills and strong understanding of our values, you will design emails that are effective, on brand and consistent. Your technical skills will enable you to code and build HTML templates that are responsive and maximised for mobile and tablet platforms, whilst adhering to industry best practice at all times.
You will have an excellent communication skills and resilience, you will be able to produce high quality work across multiple projects, whilst meeting tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must be a proven email developer, skilled at producing responsive email designs. Fluency with the Adobe Creative Suite including Dreamweaver and Photoshop is essential, as are strong technical skills (HTML, CSS).
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Proficient in Adobe CC and tools such Sketch and InVision.
- Demonstrable experience designing and developing email campaigns.
- Solid understanding of email best practices.
- Interest in emerging technologies and the ability to pick up new skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good understanding of modular and responsive HTML and CSS for email marketing.
- Handwritten HTML & CSS (Correct use of markup and styling).
- Understanding of cross-client/platform issues, code solutions and email guidelines/standards.
- Knowledge of content management systems and media management workflows.
- After Effects for bringing to life your interaction design.
- Understanding of video.
- Enthusiastic, motivated and full of ideas.
- Geeky about design.
- Interested in technology.
- Able to inspire creativity among those around them.
- Use a range of techniques to influence and adapt to situations.
- Good at taking design feedback strategically and creatively.
Analytical and creative thinking:
- Simplify complex problems.
- Gather data from a range of stakeholders and distil it quickly.
- Push boundaries on a design brief.
Orientation to learn:
- Vigorously pursue your own development.
- Always be willing to accept new or extra work to stretch your abilities.
- Ability to Mentor/coach.
Managing relations and teamwork:
- Build strong internal and external relationships.
- Actively participate in team working.
- Treat others with courtesy.
Drive for results:
- Have a can-do attitude.
- Deliver ahead of expectations.
- Take ownership and accountability.
- Put in a sustained effort.
Resilience and flexibility:
- Positively embrace new ways of working.
- Challenge the status quo.
- Be consistently positive.
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells, however, due to the current Coronavirus pandemic will require flexibility and some working from home. Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to email@example.com with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Tunbridge Wells, UK
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, offering the best childrenswear designers from around the world. A long-established British heritage brand, today Childrensalon is the largest online store for luxury childrenswear, offering over 240 th...