Web & Email Designer
The primary purpose of our Web & Email Designer is to assist Great Lakes Credit Union to live out our vision, "To be the members' trusted financial partner".
The Web & Email Designer is responsible for designing and developing responsive emails and landing pages; designing banner and social ads; implementing A/B and multi-variate testing within email and web channels, and optimizing for performance based on results; and shaping the look and feel of GLCU’s digital brand. The incumbent will have web and email design experience, basic SEO knowledge, basic UX/UI knowledge, and a desire to stay up-to-date on industry and platform trends. The Web & Email Designer should be proactive in driving testing in the web and email channels, should have a mobile-first design mindset, and should be comfortable managing a number of design-related projects at once. Candidate should be comfortable with high-level concepting and brainstorming as well as implementation, and should have a portfolio of work to showcase.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop emails, landing pages, website pages, microsites and digital ads, incorporating CSS, HTML5, Java Script, etc.
2. Create email and landing page templates
3. Optimize design and functionality based on performance
4. Liaise with member care, experience center, e-services and broader marketing teams to align public website experience with broader GLCU member experience, and enable member self-service
5. Develop creative concepts for product and brand campaigns
6. Collaborate with print vendor to design and implement print and out-of-home materials (flyers, postcards, billboards, etc.)
7. Proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, In Design, etc.)
8. Ability to create and edit video a plus, but not required
9. Experience designing and developing landing pages within a CMS (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
10. Experience designing and developing email templates for email clients like MailChimp, Documatix, Constant Contact, etc.
11. Experience with heat mapping solutions (HotJar, Crazy Egg, etc.) and A/B testing tools (Google Optimize, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, preferred
- 3 to 5 years experience in similar position
- Web and email design experience
- Basic SEO knowledge
- UX/UI knowledge
- Financial background strongly, preferred
We’re the total package! We offer GREAT Benefits!
Great Lakes Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Great Lakes Credit Union
Founded in 1938, GLCU continues to be a growing staple in the community. Today the not-for-profit financial institution serves over 80,000 members and has $870 million in assets. It is headquartered in Bannockburn and has 12 branches throughout Chicagoland. GLCU also belongs to the CO-OP Shared Branching Network. Membe...