Email and Web Developer
As part of Amazon Devices – the innovative consumer electronics division that brings you Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echo – Blink delivers affordable smart home security solutions. We are seeking an experienced email (CRM) and web developer, whose primary role will be to lead the HTML development of new and existing customer-facing emails, triggered workflows and automated campaigns, website experiences, testing and optimizations, and QA processes, as well as aid in the migration of new platforms and services across our marketing technology stack.
The ideal candidate has expertise in HTML email and website development across multiple ESPs, dynamic content and personalization, a strong understanding of API development and integration possibilities in the ecommerce and product marketing space. This role will maintain an ongoing awareness of trends and best practices and have a strong understanding of user interface principles. They must possess the ability to independently implement a variety of scripting solutions and execute exceptional project management.
This role will collaborate with stakeholders across the business to execute and scale email campaigns and web experiences with a focus on communicating effectively to our customers while driving profitable growth. They clearly articulate and partner to develop and review requirements across the business. They have the ability to execute while strategically creating process and suggesting data-driven optimizations to support our rapidly growing brand.
- Implement quality front-end code across customer-facing emails and websites with an eye toward performance, accessibility, and industry best-practices
- Develop fully responsive CSS/HTML emails and workflows, templates, and website experiences (including automated and triggered flows, as well as personalized and dynamic content)
- Manage highly-visible email programs including gathering requirements, development, testing, programming, reporting, and optimizing
- Partner globally across teams and with leadership to align initiatives with business goals
- Audit technical requirements and align recommendations for new implementation
- Build and execute proper list segmentation and triggers, QA, and project management
- Optimize web and email performance while ensuring spam regulation compliance (CAN-SPAM)
- Execute ongoing analysis and regular reporting to ensure KPIs are being met
- Maintain core marketing tech stack and act as a technical liaison
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in programming, development, computer science, or related
- 3+ years experience in email marketing and web development for digital marketing, advertising, product management, or similar
- 3+ years experience developing automated and personalized marketing emails, triggered workflows, and websites for high-volume campaigns across devices and browsers including mobile view
- 3+ years of adaptive and responsive coding techniques across email and web
- 3+ years A/B testing, audience segmentation, and targeting
- 3+ years experience managing and making marketing tech stack recommendations based on technical requirements
- 3+ years of experience working with and managing marketing automation across multiple ESPs and CMSs
- 3+ years experience working with API frameworks
- 3+ years leveraging analytical tools to dive deep into reporting and apply optimizations
- Competency in computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Mastery of email best practices, website management, and current product marketing trends
- Ability to leverage SQL and/or similar queries to analyze data
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, or similar
- Experience with at least 1 CDP/CDI, CRM migration or implementation
- Experience with scaling technical CRM and marketing automation implementation
- Experience with customer.io, SendGrid preferred
- Experience in complex testing and QA environments
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to influence others
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Basic working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1510481
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing...