Email Designer and Developer
Whether you are experienced in the green industry, a professional looking for a career change, or a new graduate or veteran transitioning into the workforce, we are confident you will find opportunity and reward with SiteOne.
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. With over 500 branches across the U.S. and Canada, we offer a comprehensive selection of products including: irrigation supplies, fertilizer and control products, nursery goods, hardscapes, landscape lighting, drainage and erosion control products, tools, and other landscaping accessories and supplies.
Come grow with our associates who are customer obsessed, always safe, continuously improving, and having fun!
The Email Designer and Developer will conduct the ongoing development and design of HTML/CSS marketing email templates, and is responsible for the coding, production, proofing, testing, and troubleshooting of HTML email templates and campaigns. In addition to working inside the HTML, the Email Designer and Developer will also develop the CSS styling and implement platform-specific code to incorporate dynamic logic inside the templates.
While this role is focused on coding, creative design skills are critical. The Email Designer and Developer should have both technical and creative aptitude, an interest in the big picture of campaigns and tactics, and a demonstrated passion for marketing.
- Design, develop, and deliver HTML email templates for all assigned email marketing campaigns. Must be able to code from scratch.
- Design, develop, and maintain a suite of email template modules that can be put together in various configurations to facilitate a quick and repeatable email build process.
- Implement platform-specific code to incorporate dynamic logic inside the templates
- Work with marketing colleagues to constantly improve existing email designs, and to develop new ones conveying relevant content and elements that delight and engage subscribers.
- Keep up with industry developments and provide recommendations for optimal design, layout, interactivity, renderability, etc., across email clients and device types.
- Stay atop HTML email rendering bugs and implement workarounds and updates in templates and modules as needed.
- Ensure optimal and consistent rendering of email campaigns in webmail and app-based email clients (Gmail, Outlook.com, iOS Mail, etc.)
- Design and code for accessibility; Gmail structured data/annotated email for preferred placement and display in inbox; Yahoo and Outlook Brand Indicators for Message Identification (BIMI)
- Check all emails to ensure they are rendering error-free and all content is populating as expected
Skills We Are Seeking
- 3 to 5+ years of experience coding, testing, and deploying enterprise-level responsive email campaigns.
- Thorough understanding of email marketing design and development best practices optimizing email functionality, renderability, accessibility, and subscriber engagement
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience with Acoustic Campaign marketing platform is a plus.
- Enthusiastic, curious, and self-motivated with a desire to learn new tools, technologies, and techniques.
- Strong quality assurance skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a highly collaborative team. Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey technical information clearly and concisely to non-technical users.
- Able to provide a portfolio featuring past email design/development email execution.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF INDIVIDUALS PERFORMING THE JOB. THE QUALIFICATIONS DETAILED IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION ARE NOT CONSIDERED THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB, BUT RATHER AS GUIDELINES. THEY MAY VARY FROM POSITION TO POSITION.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
SiteOne Landscape Supply
SiteOne Landscape Supply is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscaping products in the United States and Canada. We have a long history of serving residential and commercial landscape professionals who specialize in the design, installation and maintenance of lawns, gardens, golf courses and oth...