Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
This role can be remote.
The Email Developer is responsible for development and execution of the dynamic, data-driven email campaigns that form the core of our Consumer Marketing programs. You will work closely with stakeholders across the B2C Marketing team to create templates and assets, build audience segments, execute tests, perform campaign QA, and improve production workflows. You’ll also play a key part in the continued evolution of our communications strategy, helping develop marketing data infrastructure and exploring new ways to make our messaging as relevant and engaging as possible.
The ideal candidate has a passion for the unique and fast-moving world of email, an impeccable eye for detail, and a creative solution for every challenge!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and deploy personalized email campaigns with targeted content, including promotional, automated, triggered, and transactional campaigns
- Build email templates using HTML, CSS, MJML, and Twig
- Define and build campaign segments and automations
- Perform thorough QA to ensure campaigns are executed to perfection, including proper rendering across all major devices and email clients, for all audience segments and dynamic content versions
- Monitor campaign deployments and automated programs; quickly identify and respond to issues
- Measure campaign success using email platform reporting tools; evaluate test results
- Partner with product and engineering teams to define requirements for new campaigns and enhancements, including end-to-end data flow
- Drive continuous improvement in production processes by contributing to documentation and finding efficiencies
- Manage and respond to requests and reports from internal stakeholders
- Ensure consistency of Covetrus branding and email template design by maintaining a component library and using version control
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of digital/email marketing experience
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- 2+ years of HTML and CSS experience, focused on email development
- Thorough understanding of the latest email development best practices
- Experience working with enterprise ESPs, including dynamic content, A/B testing, complex segmentation, and content management functionality
- Understanding of best practices for email accessibility and deliverability
- Excellent QA skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and tools
- Proactive, strategic problem solving abilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced business environment and to adapt quickly to change
- Ability to prioritize, self-manage, and seek help when necessary
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of teams, including marketing, sales, product development, and customer service
- Git or other version control systems
- Experience working with APIs to build integrations and automations
- Proficiency in marketing database management
- Experience with a web analytics tool, preferably Google Analytics
PHYSICIAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet friendly environment
- Extensive computer use
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We’re bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need t...