This could be the very first step towards an exciting new career with us – a fresh beginning. At the Coles Group, these are moments we live for.
Starting good things is what drives our purpose: to sustainably feed all Australians so they can lead healthier, happier lives. With a team of 120,000 people and an iconic portfolio of Australia’s most trusted brands, we’re perfectly positioned to turn a promising start into a whole lot more.
About the role
As one of biggest brands in Australia, we connect with over 19 million people each week. Whether it’s innovative in-store design, creative omnichannel storytelling, or thunderclap advertising that reaches 98% of Australians, our Marketing team play a pivotal role in driving our brand forward, helping our customers lead healthier and happier lives, and building the trust and reliability we’re known for.
Our central Digital Marketing team is a seeking an Email Developer – Retention & Growth to join their growing team. You will be primarily responsibly for developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining Cole’s email campaigns while ensuring cross-compatibility on all browsers, email providers and devices.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager – Retention & Growth, you will design and develop HTML email communications for Coles within the Oracle Responsys platform for service and promotional messages. You will manage the delivery of the Coles email plan and activity calendar and monitor email performance against targets and collaborate with digital to drive retention and growth.
- Build and test email campaigns ensuring cross compatibility on all browsers, email providers and devices
- Create processes for email development in-house and document processes and technical guidelines.
- Partner with campaign specialists, studio, and marketing to deliver email campaigns and continuously improve email processes.
- Develop and optimise workflows to effectively collaborate, plan and deliver activity.
- Act as a SME embedding knowledge and expertise across digital marketing in areas of email development.
Good things you’ll need
We’re after an experienced email developer with hands on experience with an enterprise level email delivery system, developing and testing responsive/modular HTML emails (Preference for Oracle Responsys but not essential).
You'll also need:
- Fluent in HTML and CSS
- Strong awareness of cross compatibility, usability, and email best practices
- Understanding of accessibility
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Experience operating within a complex environment
- Strong communication skills, proven ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
We’re committed to making this a great place to work, from day one. From flexible working arrangements to discounts across all our internal brands (including 5% off at Coles supermarkets!), there are plenty of reasons to love working here. Explore all this and more at our Coles Careers website.
Coles Group is an endorsed employer for all women. See our range of benefits and policies directly at WORK180: Coles Group – Work180 Endorsed Employer
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – so reach out to us at www.careers.colesgroup.com.au > Careers for everyone > Disability employment.
We’d love to meet you
If you have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this role, please take the next step and submit your application.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
At Coles Group, we’re all about our ‘why’ – our purpose – to sustainably feed all Australians to help them live healthier, happier lives. And in these current times, this has never been more important. Coles Group is one of Australia’s largest and most iconic retailers, with more than 2,400 outlets across our portfoli...