Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured, and designed for the way our customers live their lives.
A bank for all of us.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Varo’s Growth team is responsible for customer acquisition, engagement and retention. Our goal is to attract customers who would benefit most from Varo, make sure they have a seamless onboarding experience, and help them get the most out of Varo after they join.
The Growth team is small, nimble, data-driven, and results-oriented. If you want to have a clear and measurable impact on the business from day one, this is a great team to join.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build owned channel communications (including email, push, and in-app messaging) and customer segments, and execute automations and customer journeys, using Braze and other internal tools
- Manage inbound engagement requests from start to finish: from requirements collection, to asset production, targeting, automation, testing, QA review, stakeholder approvals and deployment
- Code mobile responsive HTML email templates in Braze
- Become the go-to expert for Braze
- Fully own quality assurance review prior to deployment with rigorous attention to detail
- Collaborate with the product and engineering team to develop requirements for Braze data requests for new campaigns and QA data inputs into Braze
- Collaborate with marketing and cross-functionally with product, engineering, data science and analytics to develop and execute campaigns
- Report on campaign results and use data to uncover areas for optimization
- Stay on top of email marketing best-practices and industry trends, bring ideas to the team and strive for continuous improvement and optimization
PREVIOUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE THAT'LL HELP YOU BE GREAT
- 2-3 years of experience with email, mobile push and in-app marketing
- Mastery of HTML and CSS
- Extensive experience with responsive email coding and best practices
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices, email deliverability, and CAN-SPAM
- Experience with Braze a big plus
- Experience with A/B and multivariate tests a big plus
- Exceptional attention to detail and technical execution skills
- Track record of delivering on goals in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment
- Excellent project and time management skills and ability to anticipate needs
- Highly organized and autonomous, but also able to collaborate and work cross-functionally to problem solve and drive projects to completion
THE THREE SKILLS THAT MATTER MOST
Nobody can be great at everything, but we’re looking for candidates who are extraordinary at:
- HTML and CSS knowledge is a must
- Experience coding, testing, and deploying emails campaigns
- Track record of executing with attention to detail in a fast paced, goal oriented environment
We're on a mission to bring financial inclusion and opportunity to all hard-working Americans. Through our mobile app, we offer premium bank accounts that have no minimum balance requirement or monthly account fees, high-interest savings accounts, short-term lending, and solutions to help customers stretch their paycheck, build credit and start saving. Our tech-first products are designed to make money work for everyone and help customers and communities build greater financial resiliency.
Varo is distinct from other fintechs: we've made history as the first and only consumer fintech to be granted a full national bank charter by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).
Varo Bank represents the evolution of a new generation of banks that are born from innovation and built on technology to empower consumers and businesses.
Our team combines the best of both consumer tech and banking, and we’re wildly passionate about helping our customers. Our teams are based in San Francisco and Salt Lake City. Privately held, we’ve raised over $482M to date, from leading institutional investors and strategic partners including Warburg Pincus, The Rise Fund, Gallatin Point Capital, Harbourvest Partners, Progressive Insurance, and Russell Westbrook Enterprises.
Varo is entrepreneurial, collaborative, enthusiastic, customer-oriented, fast-paced, and multicultural. This is an open and relatively flat organization that puts an emphasis on collaboration, sharing ideas and information. For a relatively early-stage company, Varo is grounded in a strong set of values and takes pride in the diversity of its employees and board.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the pertinent information and contact information.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
San Francisco, CA
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission driven, FDIC insured and designed for the way our customers live their lives. We’re working toward our mission with a team that uniquely and strategically combines banking veterans with technology experts. The banking experts provide decades of industry experi...