Blucora has a bold aspiration: we are committed to giving all people the tools needed to lead healthy financial lives - tools often reserved for the wealthy.
We now turn to the next leg, developing the technological tools that make our vision of financial health for all a reality. Atypical for the financial services industry, we take a contemporary approach to strategy and product development that is founded in user insights, rapid testing and a singular focus on driving end-user value.
Since charting new territory on a daily basis is part of everyone's job at Blucora, we've attracted team members who thrive on the challenge, encourage each other, and are passionately committed to the goal. If you agree that problem- solving is a team sport, and feel energized by a good debate, deep dive research, or a fun night out with colleagues, we might be the right firm for you!
TaxAct, a subsidiary of Blucora and sister company to Avantax Wealth Management and Avantax Planning Partners is seeking an Email Developer that will be responsible for building and coding the HTML necessary to deploy TaxAct Consumer and Professional marketing email campaigns. This person manages day-to-day email marketing initiatives including, but not limited to, email campaign build, proofing, tagging, and testing of one-time, triggered, and journey-based campaigns. To be successful, this person will need to effectively apply industry best practices as well as internal brand standards to HTML development. CRM operations will also be a component of this person’s responsibility. Leveraging Salesforce Marketing Cloud and data segmentation to define and build audiences, as well as deploy email communications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and QA assigned projects from beginning to end.
- Convert email designs to functional, dynamic, and responsive templates.
- Ability to edit and modify existing creative designs using industry-standard design applications such as Figma, a plus.
- Test HTML code using Litmus for syntax errors, responsiveness, and accuracy across platforms and formats.
- Support Manager, CRM Operations, and the team on executing campaign schemas for all user segment programs and channel types.
- Maintain a current understanding of CRM/email marketing best practices and apply them to the execution of campaigns.
- Leverage version matrices to develop audience segmentation for email campaigns.
- Partner with the Creative Traffic Manager on assigned projects.
Education & Experience
- 2 years of experience in coding HTML in email and/or web development contexts. Specific experience with email layout and code within the web and responsive mobile constraints.
- 2-4 years experience building and executing cross-channel marketing programs specifically email across multiple device types (mobile, desktop).
- Ability to troubleshoot coding problems.
- Ability to manage a significant, constantly changing workload and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Proficient in HTML.
- Experience with SQL is a plus.
- Candidate must demonstrate technical acumen to resolve data issues with targeting lists to expedite and facilitate campaign delivery.
- Creative, positive energy, self-directed, amiable attitude, and composed under pressure.
- Experience with email service providers and marketing automation platforms, like Salesforce Marketing Cloud, is highly desired.
- Experience with Workfront and Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- BA/BS Degree preferred.
Physical Demand & Work Effort
- Keying/typing, standing, walking.
- Sitting for an extended period.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office environment.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during the normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
At Blucora, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, Blucora welcomes and celebrates diversity and inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At Blucora, you can expect a supportive, open and inclusive atmosphere and a team that values your contributions.
Blucora, Inc. and its subsidiaries, Avantax Wealth Management, Avantax Planning Partners (formerly HK Financial Services), and TaxAct are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other status protected under federal or state law. Blucora, considers information gathered in the hiring process, including information on this application, confidential, and only shares it on a need-to know basis or as required by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HR@Blucora.com or by calling 972-870-6000 to speak with a member of the HR Talent Acquisition team.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Cedar Rapids, IA
TaxAct helps everyday Americans get every tax advantage they deserve by finding credits and deductions they never even knew existed. Our tax preparation software offers easy guidance and ensures your maximum tax refund. We strive to build a team of like-minded experts in both tax and technology who align with our br...