About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.About The Role
The Email Developer is responsible for the hands-on coding, building and testing of customer-facing email marketing communications within the SFMC as well as other platforms. This position is expected to utilize both HTML expertise and email marketing best practices where applicable within the daily responsibilities.What You'll Do
- Under the direction of the Senior Email Developer, serve as the point-of-contact for our Gap Inc. brand partners on email campaign build-outs
- Work closely with the business partners to ensure on-time deliverables, including the communication of status, complications, developments and next steps Deliver production for all assigned email marketing campaigns, which includes slicing PSD files, converting to HTML, QA’ing against customer profiles, and addressing change rounds and revisions
- Work closely in the SFMC platform as well as other platforms (Moveable inc and Coherent Path) to utilize all available tools, resources and information to ensure accuracy across all email builds, including cross platform, browser, device compatibility
- Receive assets from in-house brand Creative teams, but work independently on production aspects Utilize knowledge and research of current email best practices to make suggestions in regard to design, layout, messaging and deliverability
- Setup A/B testing content for emails
Who You Are
- 2+ years hands-on email coding and production experience
- Fluency in HTML/CSS – proficiency in responsive email design and must understand cross-browser and front-end development issues
- Experience with enterprise email technology (Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget, Responsys, Coherent Path, Moveable Inc, Silverpop, Strongmail, etc.) strongly preferred
- Understanding of email design and delivery issues within various platforms
- Very high attention to detail
- Strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Proven ability to meet deadlines with effectiveness, accuracy and efficiency
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits At Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
San Francisco, CA
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world...