Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Email Developer consults on, codes, and troubleshoots HTML email messages and related content in support of the digital marketing programs of our clients.
Develop complex and customized HTML email code that adheres to industry best practices and brand guidelines, and closely matches the original creative design. Additional code-related responsibilities include:
- Consulting on technical capabilities and considerations
- Performing quality checks and peer reviews
- Managing changes and updates
- Scripting for dynamic content, personalization, and segmentation
- Managing HTML content and related assets within clients’ email platforms
Work with email account production managers to coordinate campaign assets
Display problem-solving skills to address and solve technical problems that arise
Maintain basic knowledge of data as it relates to HTML code, to aid in troubleshooting critical list errors
Deliver work in a timely fashion, which is crucial in a fast-paced environment
Demonstrate flexibility by adapting to the evolving needs and priorities of our clients
- Provide career coaching and mentoring for junior email developers
- Act as a point of escalation for junior email developers on the team
- Support Lead Developers and other internal team leaders to manage escalations and resolve issues
Attention to detail
- Prioritize quality and accuracy in everything you do
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and client checklists
- Utilize self-auditing processes and techniques
- Perform thorough peer reviews on behalf of your teams
- Display advanced organizational, time management, and work prioritization skills
Technical knowledge and skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience in responsive design is required
- Advanced knowledge of email platform limitations and code fixes/hacks to resolve (e.g., SFMC, Adobe Campaign, Oracle Responsys)
- Ability to train others on the technical aspects of email development
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value o...