WARNING: Reading this job description may cause you to change your life and embark on a career with tremendous satisfaction and meaning. Proceed with caution.
We’re Eargo and we’re on a mission….to disrupt and transform the hearing health industry, forever! If disrupting is not something you’re looking for, we suggest you move onto the next job posting. We’re looking for those passionate individuals who jump out of bed in the morning dreaming of new ways to improve the lives of our customers while eating their corn flakes riding their unicycles to work while daydreaming of competitive unicorn jousting. So, you guessed it, we’re a different sort.
We’re tech geeks and dreamers. We don’t believe in the status quo. We believe that every voice is unique and every idea is worth talking about. Moreover, we believe in passion and having fun. Because it takes passion to change the world and if you have passion in what you’re doing, you naturally have fun doing it. But, we do have a seriousside. Over 48 million Americans currently experience hearing loss and 80% of them do nothing about it. Their denial has many different shades, but more often than not it’s related to social stigma. We at Eargo find that un-cool! And that’s why we exist….to give people their hearing without the social stigma so that they can go on being the cool person they are. That’s why we get out of bed in the morning and we take that seriously. We also take spontaneous planking seriously…it’s a thing. Does this sound like a place you want to work? Well, you’re in luck. We’re looking for some great minds to join us on our journey.
Reporting to the Director, Lifecycle Marketing, the Email Developer will be the primary resource for building, testing, and helping to execute email campaigns. You will work directly with our CRM and Creative teams to deliver cutting-edge, personalized communications that align to our business objectives and KPIs. This role will focus on building emails that are dynamic, efficiently coded, and render correctly across all mailbox providers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Building and testing simple to advanced promotional and transactional emails, triggered campaigns, and lifecycle journeys utilizing the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform.
- Collaborating with designers and various stakeholders to create HTML emails.
- Ensuring the quality of all work by proofing, testing links, checking rendering, versions, and personalization, where applicable.
- Utilizing Photoshop to extract and edit image assets.
- Using responsive coding for mobile optimization, and leveraging 3rd party tools to test assets across multiple browsers and email clients.
- Maintaining awareness of email marketing trends, best practices, and technologies
- Troubleshooting rendering errors and adjusting problematic code as needed.
- 2+ years of experience using the SalesForce Marketing Cloud platform
- Fluent in the use of SFMC Amp script, Journey Builder, Automation Studio, dynamic content, reference blocks, and familiarity with the Data Extension structure of SFMC
- 2+ years of HTML + CSS coding experience.
- Strong email-specific UI, UX and interaction design skills and established familiarity with capabilities and limitations of responsive email design.
- Knowledge of typical email-rendering bugs and workarounds with experience testing and troubleshooting across multiple browsers, email clients and devices (with Email on Acid or similar QA programs) to ensure consistent renderings.
- Understanding of responsive table structures and the nuances of email development.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and project management skills required.
- Must work well under pressure with the ability to take initiative, be persistent, manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to shifting priorities.
Eargo is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All employment is decided upon the basis of qualification, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock options.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
San Jose, CA
We’re Eargo. A company made up of ENT surgeons, tech geeks and dreamers, united in our belief that people should be able to hear life to the fullest. Because the world is full of great things to hear. And because, well, we really like people. It's because we like people that we do what we do. We want the best for them...