This role can be based in New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA.
Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier—whoever that customer may be. In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Amazon Ads is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions—including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
The Marketing and Training Email Program team is looking for an experienced email developer to own creative strategy and development of scalable email templates and components. You have HTML/CSS skills and can independently define and develop a suite of digital assets that are customizable, agile, and scalable across the Amazon Ads email channel. The ideal candidate for this role can think strategically and execute flawlessly.
As an email developer, you will work with key stakeholders in marketing operations, product, and brand marketing to design email templates and digital marketing assets that can be scaled across the broader organization. You will engage with key stakeholders to leverage the Amazon Ads style and branding guidelines as well as deliver on digital creative requests. To be successful you’ll need to be a strong communicator who can earn trust with key stakeholders across multiple teams. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and willing to work autonomously, handling multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Key job responsibilities
Your Responsibilities will include
- Develop email templates from scratch in HTML/CSS languages and make appropriate changes to current templates as needed
- Manage the technical development, execution, QA, and troubleshooting of world-wide email templates across supported languages
- Stay current with email delivery best practices to maximize inbox placement and responsiveness
- Act as a technical liaison for marketing with our product and marketing tech partners
- Develop a robust library of digital marketing assets and templates to enable self-service email creation for marketing managers
- Track email best practices and global compliance regulations (CAN-SPAM, CASL), monitor industry trends, and make recommendations
- Identify opportunities for and sources of dynamic content within email to create personalized and scalable messages
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional programs or marketing campaigns from concept to completion
- 4+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, web development, or equivalent professional experience required in both fields
- 5+ years of professional experience as a visual designer with HTML/CSS development skillset or email developer with design skillset across desktop and mobile media required
- Highly proficient in coding html emails, ability to write CSS, and trouble-shoot for mail client-specific limitations (Litmus, Email on Acid, code hacks for Outlook)
- Strong understanding of adaptive and responsive coding techniques within the email and web space
- Portfolio displaying executive-level design/development email executions
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals and the ability to apply them to create dynamic solutions in the email channel that are creative yet consistent
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes
- Experience in B2B, digital advertising and ad-tech products/services
- Experience with marketing automation software and setting up automated marketing communications
- Experience with SQL
- Experience implementing APIs within marketing messages for dynamic content
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing...