At Avon, beauty is more than skin deep. We are inspired by our community of passionate women; yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Avon is all about celebrating each other and our achievements in business and in life, inviting others to join us, and committing to be a force for good.
About The Role
As an Email Developer on Avon's Digital Marketing team, you will collaborate with our Sales, Marketing and Creative teams to support, personalized digital messages at scale that align directly with our goals. You will blend high-level production and creative problem-solving skills to build HTML emails, create filter logic and deploy email campaigns. You should be proficient in HTML and CSS, and have a keen eye for detail to provide QA support. We're looking for someone who is passionate about CRM and 1:1 email marketing, and can stay up-to-date with ever-evolving industry technologies to share those trends with the team.
You will report to the Marketing Technology Manager.
- Code HTML emails upon receipt of assets and briefs
- Create dynamic content and personalization based on user activity, preferences and distribution lists
- Ensure emails are mobile optimized
- Create segments to support dynamic content
- Work with the digital marketing team to build journeys and automations to support representative and customers emails
- Set up, test and launch campaigns within the ESP
- Filter large datasets and work with complex customer profile attributes
- Communicate technical information and project statuses with partners and team members
- Work with the team to QA email messaging
- Help review email analytics and deliverability
- Research the latest in email best practices and industry standards
- 2+ years of experience in front-end coding supporting marketing projects, specifically developing emails using HTML and CSS (inline style sheets)
- (AMPScript or email scripting experience a plus)
- Proficiency with enterprise ESP tools (preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget), with 1+ years of experience setting up campaigns, importing and exporting files and deploying high volumes of emails
- Comfortable working with, and manipulating, large datasets
- Knowledge of typical email-rendering bugs and workarounds, with experience testing and troubleshooting across multiple browsers, email clients and devices
- Email-specific UI, UX and interaction design skills, and established familiarity with capabilities of responsive email design
- Experience with Photoshop or other photo editing tools and Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- SQL Experience a plus
- Eligible for benefits as of date of hire (health, dental, vision, life and other voluntary programs)
- You are immediately vested in Avon's matching contributions to the 401(k) Plan. Avon matches your contributions dollar-for dollar up to 3% of your eligible pay, and $0.50 per dollar on the next 2% of your eligible pay.
- Company sponsored Life insurance, AD&D and Disability benefits with option to buy up
- Wellness incentive programs
- Commuter, Health Reimbursement (HRA) and Flexible Spending (FSA) accounts
- Family Care (back-up child and elder care) benefit Programs
- Additional voluntary benefit programs available such as group legal, critical care, accident, pet insurance and identity protection insurance.
Avon is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
The Avon Company
New York, NY
At Avon, beauty is more than skin deep. We are inspired by our community of passionate women — yesterday, today and tomorrow. Whether you can’t get enough of our lipsticks, you’ve liked our social posts, or love sharing our amazing products with friends and family, YOU are a part of Avon. Welcome to our community — we...