Section 1: Position Summary
The Email Developer is responsible for creating and managing sophisticated, highly dynamic emails for our diverse client base. The use of advanced problem-solving, technical, and analytical skills will play a critical role in delivering innovative solutions for email production efficiency and accuracy. This role is also responsible for keeping abreast of industry trends and best practices to drive innovation and continuous improvement, and to optimize how we meet business objectives.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Support client engagement strategy through execution of commercial and transaction emails from development to audience segmentation, scheduling, testing and reporting using Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly ExactTarget)
- Develop and manage campaign data requirements and process, including aggregation, validation, segmentation and import of test and production data.
- Create and maintain complex, device optimized emails and email templates supporting extensive variability
- Perform quality assurance/control reviews to ensure flawless execution and on-time delivery of email deployments.
- Produce and analyze campaign reporting to provide actionable insights and further learning/testing agendas.
- Create and maintain robust campaign and process documentation
- Understand and champion industry best practices for deliverability, privacy, CAN-SPAM, and web accessibility/ADA compliance
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical partners.
- Balance adherence to standard processes and best practices with adaptability to respond to changing business priorities.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience in email marketing
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Expertise using 3rd party email service providers and/or Marketing Automation platforms. Salesforce Marketing Cloud / ExactTarget a plus.
- Strong understanding of adaptive and responsive coding techniques
- Ability to write complex variable content logic. AMPScript experience a plus
- Mastery of formulas in excel and well–versed in VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts and SQL
- Understanding and ability to develop and implement data loading and validation processes
- Experience using testing tools such as Litmus, resolving rendering issues across devices/email clients.
- Highly collaborative, with strong interpersonal skills. Equally comfortable communicating with Content and Design teams as with Technology and Operations.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills as well as an attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau and Power BI
- Project Management experience preferred
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity—housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.®
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Status”).
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Ascensus helps millions of people save for what matters—retirement, education, and healthcare. We’re also one of the savings plan industry’s leading providers of outsourced services. Our technology, market insights, and business knowledge enhance the growth and success of our partners, their clients, and savers. Asce...