As a Barclays Email Developer, you will be designing, developing and coding email campaigns to deliver against stated business objectives. You will also be responsible for implementing and periodically reviewing and updating best practices for production efficiency, accuracy and quality control of the email design and development process.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Working as part of a cross-functional team to institute a new in-house email campaign development process
- Creating and working within complex email templates with mobile responsive functionality and dynamically populated content
- Implementing solutions to drive efficiency and accuracy (coding tools, additions to EPT library, process changes)
- Working with the creative team to implement best-in-class design principles, advising on email best practices and pushing the boundaries on innovation and design possibilities
- Owning quality control and testing the designs for many email clients and devices using standard testing tools such as Litmus
- Creating best-practice standards and documentation for end to end in-house production environment
What We’re Looking For
- Good understanding of adaptive and responsive coding techniques within the email space, with ability to write complex functions/macros in AMPScript and Freemarker
- Solid working knowledge of Adobe Creative Software (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator), source version control software, and experience using testing tools such as Litmus
- Advanced knowledge of third-party email service provider systems, media queries and mobile specific coding
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Awareness of ASP / COM+, ASP.NET 1.1/2.0, PHP, Perl, SQL, stored procedures
- Basic awareness of object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of server-side technologies like Python, Java, .NET or PHP is a plus
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout