Are you an experienced marketer that thrives on bringing technology, data and content together – with a focus on email marketing automation? If so, we want to hear from you! Penn Foster is looking for an Email Developer to join our Lifecycle Marketing team as a Senior Specialist, with a focus on delivering robust, effective, data-driven student communications (email, SMS, in-app messaging). In this role, you will be collaborating with teams across the entire Penn Foster organization – navigating data architecture, coding templates, creating and directing content, identifying and defining target audiences, building campaigns, and analyzing results. Under the direction of the Email Marketing Manager, Lifecycle, you will play a key role in our efforts to support student progression and outcomes, by maintaining and optimizing automated, trigger-based campaigns across the student experience, leveraging available data and identifying/solutioning for data gaps, and adopting a test and learn approach to continually improve against defined KPIs. Success in this role will be defined by your ability to collaborate with team members in order to craft and execute templates and campaigns, understand and manipulate the data architecture supporting campaign automation, and become a subject matter expert within the team and across the organization for our email marketing technology platform.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and modify responsive email templates and email campaigns with CSS/HTML
- Set up dynamic content elements to create personalized emails at scale
- QA and troubleshoot email campaigns and program automations
- Data and list management (pulling data, data validation, list imports, and maintaining/updating list attributes)
- Partner with relevant business stakeholders to understand objectives and priorities, and define Lifecycle solutions (campaign and automation needs)
- End-to-end campaign management: create, execute, deliver, and analyze data-driven, dynamic, highly targeted email campaigns, with a focus on student experience and progression
- Analyze and compile key learnings from campaigns in order to optimize existing and new communications
- Ability to take a marketing idea from its conception phase, all the way to the executional and analytical phase, with limited guidance
- Identify and define target audience segmentation aligned with business needs and objectives
- Collaborate within the Lifecycle team to understand the day-to-day communication priorities as defined by the communications calendar and work independently towards the success of each project
- Apply a test and learn approach to both campaign management and operational processes
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or technology-related field
- 3-5 years of professional experience (including 2-3 years of experience with coding, testing and deploying responsive email campaigns). Oracle Responsys experience is preferred.
- HTML & CSS skills required
- Experience supporting database set up and management
- Strong interest in the latest technology, industry trends and best practices for digital marketing
- Must have a proven background in email testing, optimization and analytics
- Familiarity with analyzing data to derive insights to develop more effective content and improve engagement
- Thorough understanding of email principles (design, build, and segmentation) and email best practices (deliverability, A/B testing, dynamic content, campaign automation, etc.)
- Ability to work autonomously and have impeccable attention to detail
- Must be highly motivated with forward thinking mentality
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment; self-starter with ability to support multiple work streams to meet deadlines
- Basic knowledge of SQL a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Penn Foster we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that embraces and celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
At Penn Foster, we are dedicated to helping over 300,000 students each year achieve their goals through affordable, accessible, career-focused learning. Our mission has remained the same since 1890: to enhance the lives of our students and clients through the acquisition of skills and credentials that can help them work toward their career and life goals. Together with our extensive partner network of leading employers, community-based organizations, and academic institutions, we close skills gaps and are building a workforce that’s prepared for the future job market. We aim to help businesses thrive by mobilizing their individual workers and energizing communities with opportunities for growth and progress. We are proud to play a role in the success of over 80% percent of our graduates that see improvement within their careers, as they inspire us to keep finding new ways to further our reach and broaden horizons. Join the Penn Foster movement and start working toward a better future today.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive base salary, plus a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, generous paid time off, sponsored volunteer opportunities, parking & commuter benefits, a 401K with a company match, plus free access to all of our online programs.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Penn Foster helps people and organizations achieve their potential by helping them prepare for success in the workplaces of the future. Our team is dedicated to providing affordable, accessible education to learners, and training solutions designed to meet unique workforce challenges to businesses. Through direct enrol...