Email Developer and Coder
Santa Clarita, CA or Remote
From its modest beginnings in 1965 with a single ship cruising to Mexico, Princess has grown to become one of the premiere cruise lines in the world. Today, its fleet carries its passengers to more worldwide destinations than any other major line.
While cruising paused worldwide, we laid the groundwork to take our company to even greater success, with fresh perspectives and new ways of working. We are looking for an Email Developer & Coder to help lead our efforts. This position will be located in our Santa Clarita office or Remote.
Email Developer & Coder will work with teams across Princess, with our office in Santa Clarita, CA, we’re looking for amazing humans across the country for this role. Princess offers strong compensation and outstanding benefits including cruise travel.
Here’s a summary of what we are looking for in its Email Developer & Coder. Is this you?
Email Developer/Coder will be responsible for coding responsive/hybrid emails based on wireframe mock-ups created by the design team. Ideal candidate will have measurable technical experience in all aspects of email build, testing and delivery and will be responsible for everything from understanding business objectives and defining requirements, to email coding, targeting and testing in a mobile first/responsive environment. Candidate will also act as a consultant to peers and business areas on technology and processes, apply code to creative designs, wireframe solutions, process edits, and conduct testing prior to final approvals for multiple business lines.
The Email Developer/Coder will develop and maintain responsive/hybrid email templates based on industry best practices and under the guidance of the Senior Graphic Designer and the guidelines established by the Art Director. This role will typically be challenged with tight timelines, juggling multiple projects, defending solutions based on strategy and best practices, and ability to integrate multiple points of feedback into work. Challenges include consulting the creative team on maintaining, updating and troubleshooting responsive code who have little to no experience in a responsive code environment (team is well-versed in HTML and CSS). Position has the authority to make decisions on their daily operations. Larger decisions and concept approvals require consultation with the Sr. Graphic Designer and Art Director.
- Ensure consistency and efficiency of code throughout all projects.
- Work within established brand and platform guidelines.
- Translating business requirements into technical requirements.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Prioritize, re-prioritize and manage projects everyday.
- Attention to detail.
- Consulting the creative team on maintaining, updating and troubleshooting responsive code
- Self-driven and inspired to adhere to the highest corporate standards.
- Stay on top of industry best practices in coding and design and enforce CAN-SPAM and other regulatory requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that bridge technical and non-technical audiences.
- Supportive team-player who enjoys collaborative, as well as independent projects with a fast-paced team.
- Maintain an awareness of industry and code trends, and industry competitors, sharing with peers and the broader community and leveraging them within the code lifecycle.
- Education: Degree or years experience.
- Experience: 3+ years’ experience in hands-on email development.
- Fluency in HTML/HTML5 and CSS for authoring and debugging responsive email templates
- HTML5 Animation
- Advanced ability to research, analyze and recommend new technologies and software applications to meet the company’s needs
- Experience with email automation and lifecycle programs
- Dreamweaver, XD, and Photoshop Expert
- Testing platforms such as Litmus, 250OK or Email on Acid. Test and monitor campaigns’ compatibility with all web browsers and devices as well as ensure links, images, subject lines, and list segments pass QA.
- Troubleshoot campaign rendering issues, and provide solutions.
- Knowledge of email marketing trends and code best practices
- Willingness to push forward brave ideas
- SAMPLES MUST BE INCLUDED WITH RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION.
- Experience with Illustrator and/or Sketch
- Knowledge of customer analysis, profiling, segmentation, program tracking & evaluation.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Next Steps… Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you’re looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy: Apply online at http://princess.com/careers. Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Princess will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact email@example.com.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Santa Clarita, CA
Princess Cruises is the world’s leading premium cruise line operating a fleet of modern ships visiting over 380 destinations around the globe on more than 160 itineraries. Each moment on Princess Cruises is one of wonderful discovery where guests can relax and explore. The choices are endless – from invigorating activi...