Freelance Email Developer
As a Freelance Email Developer you will be a HTML and CSS expert responsible for the delivery of our day-to-day projects with a specific focus on email. You will be confident in building emails from scratch and happy to build interactive elements, whether re-using existing templates or building new features. You will support the creation, maintenance and review of our suite of templates, toolkit of interactive elements and quality assurance processes. You will also use their knowledge of web and email technologies to work with our design and client service teams with workable solutions to briefs and will play an active role in the creative process.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- To take studio approved designs and export assets as web standard assets for HTML build
- To use all supplied links sheets to add appropriate links to completed HTML builds, and to raise any issues identified within these links sheets
- Set up and test segmentation and logic within emails and landing pages
- Perform quality assurance on your own and other developers projects to the highest standard, using both software (eg
- Email on Acid/Cross Browser Tester) and real life testing to ensure all work renders as expected on all devices, email clients and browsers
- Ensure accessibility needs have been catered for across all projects
- As part of the creative delivery process, all developers are expected to advise on best practice and find creative solutions to any challenges
- Be an active part of any concepting or creative brainstorm sessions
- Challenge any work you do not feel answers the brief – at any level
- Prototype any new solutions to prove viability/aid creativity
Communication and project management
- Proactively communicate with all members of the project teams, using the appropriate tools; Trello, Chat, GoogleMeets to ensure challenges are solved early and any blockers are identified quickly, as well as ensuring progress is monitored
- You’ll stay abreast of the latest media and technology developments, thinking about how they could be applied in the creative communications industry.
- You’ll have your eye on industry trends and technologies and be ready to spot opportunities to adopt them. We want someone who is proactive rather than reactive.
- Experience of creating web pages using HTML, CSS, JS and PHP, including an understanding of HTML5, responsive coding, and an emphasis on table-based layouts for email creation
- Experience of building interactivity in emails from scratch
- Excellent knowledge of CSS/CSS3
- Familiar with Adobe XD and Photoshop design files for exporting as web standard assets
- Experience with email platforms and support systems such as Litmus, Mailchimp, Adobe and Salesforce
- A desire to achieve high-quality standards with strong attention to detail
- Self-starter who is solution-oriented and knows how to ‘make things happen’
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
At Armadillo, we dig a little deeper to help brands unearth profitable connections with their customers. A Bristol-based CRM marketing agency, we’ve been delivering an impressive ROI to big brands for over 25 years. It’s incredible what you can achieve when you dig a little deeper. Longstanding partnerships with glob...