Front-End Web & Email Developer
Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always stood for optimistic femininity. Today, the brand is a global life and style house with handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, gifts, home décor and more. Polished ease, thoughtful details and a modern, sophisticated use of color—Kate Spade New York’s founding principles define a unique style synonymous with joy. Under the vision of creative director Nicola Glass, the brand continues to celebrate confident women with a youthful spirit.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Oversee the building, testing and execution of regional European email marketing campaigns to support ambitious ecommerce growth objectives across European territories. Support wider ecommerce team by regularly updating the European websites’ content and campaign landing pages to deliver a premier online shopping experience.
This position will report to the Performance Marketing Manager (kate spade new york).
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in marketing to...
- Build, develop and execute all email programs, including full blast messages, segmented campaigns, and triggered emails (category browse, cart abandonment, welcome series, transactional etc.) for Kate Spade’s European businesses
- Support the email marketing associate on personalizing customers experience through the addition of Kick dynamic tags.
- Carry out QA for all emails across multiple browsers and devices, and perform rigorous tests using Litmus (or similar tools)
- Be the point of contact to troubleshoot any issues with live campaigns, automations working closely with Salesforce support.
- Manage and adhere to production schedules and required deadlines across all communications
- Support Email Marketing Associate to brief email marketing campaigns and manage email calendar when resource is unavailable
- Support Senior Content Associate by developing new site content including but not limited to: building and loading banners, landing pages, homepages, SEO copy and other creative assets for the website and marketing materials
- Provide support for on-site add-ons such as BazaarVoice, Live Person and Qubit, etc. to ensure proper functionality and appearance; assess performance and make recommendations for improvements
- Keep abreast of channel and industry developments, bringing any opportunities back to the business to increase performance
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an frontend web or email developer role
- Experience working with a large ESP is essential, SFMC experience preferred
- Experience in HTML/CSS mandatory
- Experience in Photoshop and Sketch programs
- Experience in using a CMS
- Experience working both independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working in a global company/brand and/or online startup
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-orientated
- Strong problem solving skills; proactive and takes initiative
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines and have a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to act quickly to last minute requests and changes.
An outstanding professional will have...
- Experience of working with U.S based head office
- Experience in email design and has a strong interest in UX and UI
- Experience using JIRA
- Experience in working in other European languages and/or German specifically
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout