Jr. Email Developer
Ragnarok is a rapidly-expanding CRM agency with offices in NYC, as well as team members based around the US. As a full-service agency, Ragnarok bridges the gap between creative and technology. We specialize in cross-channel content strategy, creation + distribution (email, push, SMS, web, video, social, and more), as well as web development + implementation. We work with 50+ clients, ranging in size from startups like Birchbox, Classpass, and Allbirds to established marquee brands like A+E Networks, CareerBuilder, and Stanley Black & Decker.
To help us handle our increasing workload, we are looking to bring on a full-time Email Developer based on the West Coast (Alaska and Hawai'i are good, as well - as we want more time zone coverage). The ideal candidate is someone who has a strong background in email production and is looking to gain experience in working on several top-tier marketing platforms and developing into a CRM career.
The candidate will be expected to work on a wide variety of projects with differing code structures. In addition to working directly inside the HTML, the candidate will also develop the CSS styling and implement platform-specific code to incorporate dynamic logic inside the template. Once the coding is completed, the candidate will QA and test in various marketing platforms with our clients directly.
In addition to coding, the candidate will work directly in implementing programs inside each platform, by making mock API calls directly via a tool such as Postman and will grasp how to make the program handle any edge cases and filter users into different flows as required.
The ideal candidate:
- 2+ years of email production and development experience
- Mastery of HTML and CSS specific to email
- Proficiency with JSON
- Knows what an API is, how it works, and is proficient in making GET and POST calls
- Understand how a data feed works
- Has an understanding of email code structure and knows how to make code responsive for different devices
- Has strong email etiquette and can communicate with testing, QC, and updates directly with clients
- Can take feedback, clarify it and make adjustments, several times if needed.
- Doesn't mind occasionally having dogs around the office.
- Platform experience with Iterable, Braze, Klaviyo, Marketo, Simon Data, or Blueshift
- Knowledge of Liquid or Python, Handlebars, Django, or JINJA
- Proficiency with Photoshop
- A diverse, inclusive, and fun team
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- Year-End Bonuses
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits
- Family leave coverage
- 401K with matching contributions
- Long-term disability insurance
- Learning and development allowance
- This role is fully remote during the pandemic and will be remote after, as well. We will provide a work computer and any relevant accessories. For candidates based in LA, we may open an LA office at some point, as we have a growing number of team members based there.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
New York, NY
Ragnarok is a rapidly expanding CRM agency based in NYC. As a full-service agency, we bridge the gap between creative and technology. We specialize in cross-channel content strategy, creation + distribution (email, push, SMS, web, video, social and more), as well as web development + implementation.