Senior Email Developer
Plymouth Rock is a rapidly growing personal lines insurance company, with operations spanning six Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic States and corporate headquarters located in Downtown Boston. We combine a customer-centric approach to insurance – doing business the way our customers choose – with a spirt of innovation and the financial strength of over $1.6 billion in auto and home insurance premiums.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Email Developer to oversee the execution of our Independent Agent Email program at Plymouth Rock. The ideal candidate has an extensive knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, email service provider integration and in-depth awareness of email marketing strategies, as well as email best practices for the financial services industry.
As Senior Email Developer, your focus will be on leading the development and execution of agent-facing email communications. As a part of the Agency Communications Team, you will learn to understand the needs of the business and the tools required for agents to competitively sell our products. This role is an exciting opportunity for a passionate, forward-thinking individual to build, implement and scale an email execution strategy that informs, educates and excites the thousands of Independent Insurance Agents that Plymouth Rock partners with every day.
Responsibilities include developing email templates, managing distribution lists, executing email sends, building communication journeys, monitoring email performance and serving as the team “email expert”, while providing ongoing guidance to optimize our existing email programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage the end-to-end email development process for the Independent Agency Channel, including: coding and building campaigns, creating data extensions and data filters, audience segmentation, template creation, form building, testing, email configuration and deployment
- Build email requirements to ensure the appropriate messaging is being clearly conveyed to the right audience, at the right time
- Own list hygiene, inbox placement, and email deliverability
- Develop “best practices” email guide and influence email strategy to ensure the team is effectively communicating with Independent Agents
- Conduct ongoing post-campaign analysis of email performance KPIs and provide recommendations for ongoing campaign optimizations (for both list targeting and email content)
- Identify Salesforce Marketing Cloud optimization opportunities and ongoing process improvements
- Collaborate with technology partners to troubleshoot any Salesforce Marketing Cloud functionality issues to identify and solve for root cause
- Develop and execute A/B tests, strategies and segmentations based on behavior insights to increase email performance metrics
- Support and build Independent Agent Journeys (I.E. Welcome)
- Ensure all emails follow general industry best practices and are CAN-SPAM compliant
- Own and maintain the larger team email send calendar
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Advertising, Web Design or related field.
- 4-6 years of professional experience (including 1-3 years of experience with coding, testing and deploying responsive email campaigns). Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience is preferred.
- Experience supporting database set up and management
- Strong interest in the latest technology, industry trends and best practices for digital marketing
- Must have a proven background in email A/B testing and optimizations
- Familiarity with analyzing data to derive insights to develop more effective content and improve engagement
- Thorough understanding of email principles (design, build, and segmentation) and email best practices (deliverability, A/B testing, dynamic content, campaign automation, etc.)
- Ability to work autonomously and have impeccable attention to detail
- Must be highly motivated with forward thinking mentality
- Basic knowledge of SQL a plus
70% email execution
30% strategy (testing, lists, triggers, best-in-class mindset, etc.)
About the Company
The Plymouth Rock Company and its affiliated group of companies write and manage over $1.6 billion in personal and commercial auto and homeowner’s insurance throughout the Northeast and mid-Atlantic, where we have built an unparalleled reputation for service. We continuously invest in technology, our employees thrive in our empowering environment, and our customers are among the most loyal in the industry. The Plymouth Rock group of companies employs more than 1,800 people and is headquartered in headquartered across from South Station in Downtown Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent”.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Plymouth Rock Assurance
If you’ve found your way to our LinkedIn page, you’re likely here for one of two reasons: You’re reviewing insurance companies or you’re browsing new career opportunities. Well, you’ve come to the right place. Insurance Customer In just 35 years, Plymouth Rock Assurance has grown to be one of the leading auto and hom...