Senior Email Developer
Show the world what you can do.
We’re looking for an inspired, motivated, and experienced Senior Email Developer to join our team. The Senior Email Developer (SED) is responsible for designing and writing code and providing support to build responsive email designs. They need to know HTML, CSS, and media queries. The SED can work independently, assuming ownership for the design and programming required. SED should handle the code very well. To developing a responsive email, this individual will rely on existing methods. The SED should also be able to provide reasonable estimates for his tasks.
In this role, you will:
- HTML and CSS oriented for email development.
- Propose solutions and provide estimations on projects.
- Work with the design team, tech leads, and PMs.
- Ensure emails follow best practices.
- Develop responsive email design.
- Coach and support other Email Developers in fulfill their tasks and improving their skills.
- Ensure that implementation matches the design.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Create and update templates (basic to complex level).
- Analyze complex email testing to improve solutions to environmental issues.
- Knowledge of ADA implementations for emails.
- Perform code reviews; develop and adhere to coding standards
- Optimize Images, HTML, CSS code to achieve maximum performance with minimum size.
- Ensure desktop and browsers engines compatibility.
- Research online marketing resolutions.
- Stay abreast of ever-emerging technologies and techniques
- Being aware and having a proactive, mindful “eye” to problem identification and mitigation (associated with the execution of HTML Email Campaigns); capable and confident problem-solving skills.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver and Photoshop), MailChimp, HTML/CSS Skills uses the following programs.
What are we looking for? Besides a great attitude,
You should have:
- Fluent in English (B2 reading, writing, and conversation)
- At least 3+ years email specific development experience
- 5+ years of development experience
- Must have a digital portfolio, covering dynamic email samples
- Experience dev skills in HTML, CSS
- Understanding of Inline CSS and classes
- Concept of live text vs. images
- Knowledge in W3C Standards (or able to learn quickly about them).
- Image optimization
- Independent, responsible, and proactive with the ability to learn and achieve superior results.
- Understanding of media queries for responsive layout
- Experience working with mobile and web templates
- Basic HTML and simple/nested table structure
- Hands-on QA experience utilizing Litmus or similar.
- Familiar with ad publishers (e.g. Salesforce, Engage)
- Photoshop proficiency required to manipulate assets
- Detail-oriented, organized, and the ability to meet deadlines while working with some projects simultaneously.
- Proven experience with modern web standards and cross-browser compatibility issues
- Experience in digital development skills and expertise (landing pages, banners, etc.).
- Familiarity with MSO code
- Implementation of Email templates.
- Pros and cons of using different attributes that impact the rendering in popular email clients like Gmail, yahoo, etc. vs native apps like outlook especially for windows
- Knowledge using repositories (e.g., GitHub o Bitbucket).
- Ability to work with IDEs (Sublime Text or Visual Studio Code is required)
- Use of PUG to create templates
- Knowledge of pre-processed CSS styling (SASS, LESS).
- Experience with GULP as email builder
It’s a plus if you have:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge and experience in graphic design for web, Photoshop, and Illustrator
Competencies to be successful in this role:
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Manages Ambiguity
- Tech Savvy
- Ensures Accountability
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
New York, NY
Hangar Worldwide is a globally renowned technology and design solutions company focused on tackling ground-breaking digital challenges for some of the world's most iconic and successful agencies and brands. We develop technology and design solutions across a wide range of industries, including automotive, communication...