Senior Email Developer
Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
The Senior Email Developer is primarily responsible for the day-to-day execution of email programs in support of Empower’s business objectives. The role will be responsible for email coding, testing, list management and segmentation, deployment, reporting metrics, and managing deliverability and opt-outs. Additional responsibilities include marketing automation efforts to support multi-channel marketing including websites, landing pages, web forms, online interactivity, etc.
What you will do
- Manage multiple simultaneous email campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud email service provider platform, including html coding, testing, deployment and metrics reporting.
- Code emails in html using responsive design, as well as utilize, modify, and manage email templates.
- Develop emails using dynamic content and leverage data extensions to populate variable copy based on recipient attributes.
- Identify solutions for supporting complex email campaign requests using data, advanced scripting language, and other ESP capabilities.
- Develop website landing pages and other digital assets to drive desired behaviors
- Consult with internal clients about email marketing best practices including understanding campaign objectives and provide guidance related to pre-header, subject lines and copy to achieve target open and click through rates.
- Follow workflow processes and collaborate with internal clients and creative agency on email projects to ensure emails meet business objectives and deadlines.
- Coordinate with internal agency writers and designers to develop content and images to support campaigns.
- Create and manage sender profiles and data extensions to support personalized emails.
- Initiate email sends using data from Salesforce Sales Cloud campaigns or through Salesforce Marketing Cloud. May also work with internal Salesforce Sales Cloud teams on campaign set up.
- Perform email QA process for other team member's emails to ensure email and send accuracy.
- Monitor our deliverability and reputation to ensure we’re getting into our target audience’s email inbox.
- Work directly with Salesforce Marketing Cloud support to troubleshoot any technical issues with email code or email deliverability.
- Provide email metrics reports to internal clients.
- Responsible for conducting email address verification scrubbing, segmenting and loading email lists for campaigns.
- Must properly handle unsubscribes by business unit and align to CAN SPAM and CASL laws.
- Identify opportunities for leveraging new email functionality and lead projects to implement solutions that support email operations annual objectives to continuously advance our email programs.
- Familiarity with implementing automated campaigns using Automation Studio, Journey Builder and triggered email sends a plus.
What you will bring
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Information Technology, Marketing, or a related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in a mid-large size organization coding, testing, and deploying emails using an enterprise Email Service Provider (ESP); experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
What will set you apart
- Demonstrated proficiency developing responsive emails using HTML and CSS. Salesforce Marketing Cloud AMPscript proficiency a plus.
- 4+ years working on responsive web sites
- Preferred skills: Drupal 8+, PHP, SQL/MySQL, React/Redux
- Must be able to hand code (no wysiwyg editor assistance)
- Strong understanding of email best practices, email template design, deliverability and operations
- Committed to staying up-to-date on latest email marketing trends and able to educate others on how to utilize new techniques
- Demonstrated proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed who can work both independently as well as in a team environment
- Extremely organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet strict deadlines
- Experience presenting results and recommendations based on email send results and findings.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment a plus, preferably in the financial services industry
- Ability to work with diverse people/groups at different levels of the organization, as well as those external to the organization.
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range
CO Greenwood Village
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Greenwood Village, CO
mpower Retirement is guided by a vision to revolutionize workplace retirement savings. We believe people deserve better than a one-size-fits-all solution. That’s why we take a collaborative approach to retirement planning that’s driven by personalization, simplification and exceptional service. And this approach has he...