Ecommerce Email Marketing Strategist
WHAT YOU’LL DO
GROW | You’re all about creating a unique and differentiated customer experience that drives loyalty and lifetime value. You understand that retaining current customers is a key to successful business growth - for both the client and CTC. As a Retention Strategist, you’ll be focused on scaling your clients’ email and SMS programs by creating personalized communication that builds long-term customer relationships.
PARTNER | Working closely with your Retention counterparts, Paid Media, Paid Search, CRO, and Creative Services, you’ll collaborate across internal teams to plan cohesive marketing campaigns that fuel growth for our clients. Partnership with internal teams and client contacts will enable your clients to achieve their dreams by engaging and retaining customers.
EVOLVE | You have a passion for results-driven data and a track record of being able to identify, develop, segment, execute and optimize retention marketing campaigns. You will adapt and evolve to the needs of your clients by creating and executing strategies that help grow LTV and profitability for their business. You keep up with new and emerging technologies and industry trends to bring new opportunities to clients.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
Success in Your Day to Day Looks Like
- Develop strategic campaign calendars and prioritize projects and initiatives designed to scale your clients’ email and SMS marketing programs and drive LTV.
- Create compelling and on-brand messaging through click-driving copywriting; collaborate with production staff and designers to deliver high-quality creative assets that convert.
- Aggregate program performance metrics and present weekly and monthly reporting with actionable insights and recommendations to improve future performance.
- Indirectly manage a Retention Production Specialist to ensure on time delivery of assets, best-in-class creative, and pixel-perfect execution and deployment.
Success in Your First Three to Six Months Looks Like
- Act as the primary retention point of contact for a portfolio of new or existing client relationships, ensuring each client’s scope of work is fully utilized monthly for a maximum return on investment.
- Develop and begin executing against annual strategic initiative roadmaps for each of your clients, clearly communicating how each initiative will move the needle on customer retention and LTV.
- Develop a strong working relationship with your Retention Production Specialist counterpart, as well as the Growth Guides and Creative Strategists on shared accounts to ensure effective collaboration and a cohesive vision for strategic growth.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a retention role with a brand, agency, or CRM, and with a focus on DTC ecommerce.
- Strong knowledge of email marketing, ESP’s, copywriting and best practices for email deliverability.
- Understanding of other messaging platforms, such as SMS and Messenger.
- Proven experience in the direct-to-consumer space with expertise in Klaviyo or other major email service providers.
- Hands on experience with A/B testing and persuasive copywriting.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to support or defend a position or idea in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner.
- Relentless curiosity and an insatiable need to know more about your clients, their products, and their customers.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks with great attention to detail.
- Self starter that can work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Inability to leave a problem alone until you’ve found one or many different potential solutions.
- The ability to confidently present plans both to your team and to clients.
- Attention to detail — if the copy is off-brand, you raise hell.
- Highly motivated individual with strong understanding of direct-to-consumer needs.
- A willingness to reject work when it’s not good enough — and the ability to kindly articulate why: Clear is kind.
We’re storytellers, buyers, builders, designers, coaches, partners, leaders, entrepreneurs of our own lives, and in our hearts, we at the Common Thread Collective (CTC), are dreamers.
With an untraditional take on marketing, CTC is an ecommerce growth agency helping entrepreneurs of all stripes achieve their dreams.
A job is a job is a job. At CTC we don’t hire you for a job. We believe careers are a catalyst for your future self — because we’re not just interested in who you are, but in who you want to be. Come sell stuff online, tell stories, build websites, shape brands, create processes, scale accounts, and help fellow entrepreneurs turn their dreams into reality.
We’ll come alongside you and care for you in your pursuits by offering full-time CTC entrepreneurs:
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits that fit your lifestyle and goals
- 401k program with a 3% company match (post 90 days employment) to bring out the investor inside you
- 4 weeks of paid time off on top of Holidays, your Birthday, and the week of Christmas paid. Go get your R&R on so when you’re at CTC you’re firing on all cylinders
- A wellness reimbursement program that inspires 360 degrees of health: mentally, physically, and spiritually
- Access to our Tell Me Your Dreams (TMYD) program where you explore life beyond what’s in front of you with a certified mental health coach. Maybe you’ll dream for the first time, we’re here for it. To top it off, if you opt in, we provide you with resources to realize your dreams through our Dream Fund
To be considered, please provide us with a cover letter on why you are interested in working at CTC along with your resume.
Email both to email@example.com with the subject line:
Ecommerce Email Marketing Strategist
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Common Thread Collective
Santa Ana, CA
"We’re an agency of entrepreneurs. We know what it’s like to run an ecommerce business. Because we have. And still do. Like you, we’ve taken 3am calls with overseas suppliers, haggled pennies off pick-and-pack fees, watched something grow and thrive against the odds. Whether you dream of transforming the world or tu...