Email Marketing Analyst
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Medscape Education Global is currently seeking an Email Marketing Analyst, Global Audience Engagement. The Email Marketing Analyst’s primary responsibility is tracking, analyzing, reporting, and optimizing email marketing campaigns and strategies to help achieve contractual traffic and revenue goals for all sold Medscape Education Global activities and outcomes studies that target both physicians and other healthcare professionals. In addition, this role will contribute to monitoring and optimizing the overall benchmarks for email-driven traffic to online educational activities.
The Email Marketing Analyst will report to the Sr Manager, Marketing Sciences. The ideal candidate will bring strong project management, analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills. He/she must have a proven ability to meet deadlines, while being proactive and detail oriented. They must have a basic understanding of server data infrastructure and how it may correlate to the success of a digital marketing campaign and how it may correlate to front-end reporting needs. They must be experienced in designing a/b testing and optimizing email as a channel for marketing where goals must be met and have proven ability to work quickly to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining the ability to think strategically and work accurately.
- Take ownership of and manage email strategies to drive traffic, engagement and participation in online education for healthcare professionals
- Monitor and maintain email performance goals by:
- Testing and optimizing email content (e.g., copy)
- Collaborating with the email production team, data analytics, and others in the organization to track and optimize email performance and maintain benchmark open, click through, and opt-out rates
- Implement and monitor email marketing campaigns to meet organization’s guarantee models and revenue goals
- Oversee the work of email content packaging
- Oversee the production process from inception of program acknowledgement to email delivery launch; manage process, correct if needed and optimize accordingly
- Coordinate with the Program Management team to develop processes and timelines as they relates to emails
- Coordinate with the email producers and email content packaging team to implement new email solutions/updates to copy, etc.
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis to inform and support business decisions by:
- Analyzing response rate trends to inform deployment of outbound e-mail, onsite tactics, partnerships, and social
- Conducting platform (Salesforce/Exact Target/Omniture) tracking analysis of email key
- performance indicators to provide insight into and optimize target audience engagement
- Creating and disseminating summary reports (eg, email channel performance reviews)
- to update stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing or related field with 2+ years of email marketing experience
- Must be proactive, responsible, accountable, results-driven and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, operational, analytical, and project management skills
- Strong ability to represent and communicate data-driven analysis to various departments
- Proven ability to self-direct and lead projects
- Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional marketing strategy and campaign management skills
- Highly creative with experience in identifying and optimizing target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Expert in creating a product/campaign narrative with the goal of online traffic generation and audience development
- Experience in designing and coordinating a/b testing to improve email performance
- Web analytics (such as Adobe Omniture)
- Experience in the healthcare industry and/or direct-to-physician/healthcare professional marketing experience a plus
- Experience training others to do detailed tasks
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
WebMD is a leading provider of health information services to consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans. Our Business: WebMD is the leading provider of health information and services to consumers and healthcare professionals. The online healthcare information, decision-support appli...