Email Marketing Associate
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re looking for an Email Marketing, Associate/Email Marketing, Senior Associate to join the Growth Marketing team whose work will center on campaign execution including ad-doc blast campaigns, journeys, email strategy, and best practices. The Growth Marketing team is focused on growth, acquisition and retention of Coinbase customers, working hand-in-hand with product & engineering teams to achieve our ambitious targets. You will help define CRM strategies and end-to-end campaigns in support of product initiatives, align internal stakeholders, and push for execution in service of bringing Coinbase’s products to millions of customers around the world.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- You will execute ad hoc campaigns across email and push (scaling to additional channels in future) -- primarily these will be product-focused campaigns but also including education, news and regulatory info
- You will help define the customer communication strategy and CRM roadmap to achieve ambitious acquisition, engagement and retention goals
- You will work closely with internal stakeholders, including engineering, design, legal, finance, business, and regional teams, bringing ideas to life that spearhead product adoption and drive usage
- You will execute thoughtful experimentation to unlock high-impact campaigns, and leverage automation to maximize engagement & retention throughout the customer lifecycle
- You will analyze campaign results, make recommendations & implement changes based on key findings
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- You have 2+ years of CRM experience including email, push notification and other CRM channels
- You have extensive experience building and executing complex CRM campaigns with multiple stakeholders
- You have a solid understanding of basic HTML for email, email best practices & industry standards
- You are comfortable setting up & executing campaign experiments (A/B, MV) to track business impact, analyzing the data and extracting key insights
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You are a strategic thinker that is able to synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives to create an actionable plan
- You are very comfortable working cross-functionally and cross-culturally, a self-starter and a quick learner
Nice to haves
- Basic or intermediate SQL skills for audience segmentation
- Technical degree or extensive experience working in fast growth startups/tech companies
- Familiarity with: Litmus email testing tools, Git, a variety of ESPs (Iterable, SendGrid, Braze, etc.)
- Experience of setting up mobile push and SMS campaigns
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Founded in June of 2012, Coinbase is a digital currency wallet and platform where merchants and consumers can transact with new digital currencies like bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin. Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our...