Job Title: Email Marketing Specialist
Job Summary: The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for driving the strategy, creation and deployment of relevant messages and offers to millions of Wawa’s most important customers, including members of the Wawa Rewards loyalty program, Wawa app users, and email marketing subscribers. This role will be key to Wawa’s ability to deliver personalization to our customers through sending relevant communications and offers. By focusing on a test and learn process, as well as translating data for meaningful insights, the Digital Marketing Specialist will optimize key digital marketing efforts with a focus on continual improvement.
- Drive the strategy and creation of relevant messages and offers to meet Wawa’s marketing goals for both customer acquisition and retention, following best practices to optimize the communications for each channel and basing upon past insights. Guide selection of customer targeting to ensure message relevancy.
- Manage Wawa’s email service provider and push messaging vendors, including forecasting and reporting budget and volume. Onboard new email service provider.
- Collaborate with category and service managers in content and offer strategy to help achieve goals (price point campaigns, new item launches, etc.), balancing needs to stay on brand and be relevant to customer. Understand how creative, copywriting, targeting and timing come together to deliver on message strategy. Partner with advertising and loyalty agency to provide creative feedback ensuring goals in creative brief are met, collect assets and ensure timelines are met.
- Relentlessly pursue communication optimization through test and learn process. Leverage automation and multivariate testing from within the email, push, and loyalty platforms with a focus on continually improving customer communications and offer engagement. Set agenda for test and learn within these channels and guide agency partners to achieve. Test across variables including but not limited to subject lines, creative, copy, call to action, timing, frequency, and personalization.
- Develop and maintain calendar of email marketing, push messaging and Wawa Rewards offers, ensuring customers are receiving relevant messages at right times and preventing communication conflicts/overlap.
- Ensure accurate deployment of Wawa Rewards offers, working with Category Teams, IT, Finance, loyalty vendor, advertising agencies and Wawa advertising team. Review offers to ensure accuracy of images, verbiage, disclaimer, expirations, etc. Test each offer to ensure functionality before sending to customers. Recommend and execute process improvements.
- Understand the impact that reward offerings have on the F&R, Call Center and IT teams. Proactively communicate the offer planning and make decisions and adjustments based on these impacts.
- Analyze and share key insights based on review of customer feedback from multiple sources including Call Center, Social Media and App Stores. Develop and enhance existing marketing communications messaging and creative with key learnings.
- Gather, review and analyze data from multiple reporting sources include program KPI’s, email engagement rates, app downloads, etc. Oversee health of email marketing program by analyzing trends in opens, click-through, unsubscribes and deliverability. Make recommendations based on insights.
- Be an expert in email marketing, push messaging, and loyalty marketing in the organization, representing these channels and sharing insights with partners across Wawa. Track competitive updates and inform team of industry trends in loyalty and digital marketing space, quickly determining which information is important to share.
- Review and approve customer acquisition and retention messaging about the loyalty program in additional channels including traditional and digital advertising, mobile app, website, and social media.
- Assist in building program enhancements, joining cross-functional team of Marketing, IT, Finance, loyalty agency and advertising agency. Review mobile app enhancements and provide messaging feedback for loyalty program screens.
- Support development of new marketing technology stack, serving as an expert on email marketing and push messaging channels as tools are stood up and connected. Leverage new marketing technology tools to better personalize communications and offers in email, push and loyalty.
- Leverage Customer 360 data as well as contextual data to personalize the content sent to customers, driving micro-segmentation of our multiple customer lists. Understand available data from variety of customer data sources and provide point of view on prioritizing attributes to improve relevancy and engagement. Measure effectiveness of additional relevancy.
- Develop automated communication series across digital marketing channels based on customers’ needs and behavior. Monitor for ongoing performance and update or change as needed.
- Support Digital Marketing team in key projects, including new initiatives in digital and loyalty marketing in a variety of ways, including: project management, competitive and best practice research, and advertising elements review.
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- BA or BS degree preferred- Marketing major preferred
- 4-6 years of experience within Digital Marketing preferred
- Experience managing Digital Marketing vendor(s) preferred
- Experience working with email service provider tool
- Loyalty marketing experience preferred
- Computer skills include MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Wawa will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our Associate Service Center at email@example.com or 1-800-444-9292.
Wawa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Wawa maintains a work environment in which Associates are treated fairly and with respect and in which discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Unlawful discrimination will not be a factor in any employment decision.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout