Email Marketing Specialist
We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. We drive projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. We work across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
What's the Role?
The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for providing digital marketing production support to the marketing team. This role serves as a primary point of contact for email marketing campaigns but also for basic website updates. This role also involves guiding the strategy, design, and development of various email marketing programs. The ideal candidate is proficient and passionate about digital marketing: enthusiastically identifies, recommends, and implements measurable improvements, and craft strategies for future campaigns based on in-depth analysis of results.
We"ll trust you to:
- Partner closely with marketing managers, event planners, social media managers, copywriters, art directors, designers, and developers to deliver outstanding digital experiences
- Execute digital marketing strategies on various digital platforms in over 12 major markets globally
- Build complex marketing automation campaigns that involve multiple third-party solutions and services
- Check and test your own work to ensure the highest level of quality and accurate deliverables
- Build, update, and maintain web pages - including form creation - and understand how data flows from one platform to another
- Monitor, analyse, and report on email and web campaigns - and provide insights and recommendations based on results
- Practice and implement digital best practices and, adhering to global brand guidelines
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues quickly, or provide alternative solutions when necessary
- Represent the greater Studio team in conversations with our Marketing partners and other business personnel
- Work cross-functionally and build relationships within the Studio, the rest of Marketing, and the greater External Relations team
- Stay up to date with the latest digital technologies and trends, and always looking out for ways to optimise, improve, and enhance what we do - and innovate
You'll need to have:
- 3 - 5 years* working in email marketing
- Solid knowledge in planning and building an effective email campaign (audience targeting and segmenting, personalization, optimisation, deployment etc) and how to best integrate it into a larger marketing program (dynamic content, cadence, A/B testing, user experience and journey, etc.)
- Experience with Eloqua (preferred) or similar enterprise-level email service providers (Responsys, ExactTarget, etc.)
- An understanding of email deliverability and email performance analysis
- Experience with and understanding of email tracking / email marketing analytics tools (for email) and Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager (for web)
- Experience using a content management system, such as WordPress
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Workspace (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Clear, articulate, and professional communication skills regardless of channel (email, phone, face to face), location (New York, London, Hong Kong, Sydney, etc.), and department (engineering, communications, media, sales)
- Organisation skills and able to thrive in a fast-paced, transparent environment
- The ability to project-manage your own campaigns, run your time well, prioritise your workload, and track your hours accurately
- A self-starter mentality with strong work ethic and an insatiable appetite to learn
- Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We"d love to see:
- Prior experience in a digital marketing agency or an in-house email market team
- Prior experience operating in a fast-moving multinational company
- Prior experience in reading/writing internal, external, and inline CSS
- Prior experience with lead scoring or engagement models
- Some understanding of responsive design (with and without media queries)
- Some photo or graphic editing skills (Photoshop, Sketch, etc.)
- Knowledge of, or prior experience in one or more of the following disciplines: web development, UI, UX, design, art production, video, SEO/SEM
- Knowledge of financial markets and institutional financial services would be helpful
If this sounds like you:
Apply - and if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime, watch this proud reminder of our purpose:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
New York, NY
Bloomberg is the world's primary distributor of financial data and a top news provider of the 21st century. A global information and technology company, we use our dynamic network of data, ideas and analysis to solve difficult problems every day. Our customers around the world rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time...