Email Marketing Specialist
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
Degreed is in need of a collaborative and energetic email marketer. Ideal candidates will have an understanding of all things email marketing: Crafting winning subject lines and compelling content, precision in list-building, and an eagerness to dive into the metrics to help us get better and smarter.
As an Email Marketing Specialist you will work across all Marketing teams - Field Marketing, Digital Marketing, Product Marketing and Brand - to support a cohesive strategy, consistent campaigns/themes, compelling and hyper-targeted content. You will assist in executing the strategy as driven by the Email Marketing Manager, coordinating and performing sends, analyzing post-send data and metrics and communicating results to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Execute email marketing campaigns including setup and design, content creation, proofreading, testing, approvals, scheduling and implementation
- Perform database segmentation, identify target audiences, create email lists, purge non-deliverable addresses, opt-outs and recipients unlikely to engage
- Ensure that email creative is visually compelling and on-brand, with appropriate and current Degreed language
- Manage CRM (Salesforce) and other marketing tools (Hubspot, etc.) to ensure that actions taken on emails (form submissions, registrations) trigger the proper workflows - automated email confirmations, notifications, e-delivery of PDFs, etc.
- Track, analyze and report metrics of email campaign performance and provide recommendations for improvement
- A/B test subject lines and creative and build winning attributes into future email campaigns
- Use UTM tracking & review email heatmaps for improved email performance
- Maintain email marketing calendar
- Manage the biweekly newsletter, work with internal teams to make sure content is relevant and meaningful
- Monitor email marketing activity company-wide (Sales, Sales Development, Client Experience, Product) to ensure consistency, alignment and reduce over-emailing
- Ensure we keep our email sender score/domain authority within recommended levels
- Follow email marketing best practices
- Implement automated nurture and drip campaigns to keep subscribers engaged
- Execute & experiment multi-touch email campaigns to increase sales funnel velocity and opportunity conversion
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an email marketing role, ideally at B2B/SAAS companies
- Experience in Salesforce and marketing automation platforms like Hubspot, Outreach, Marketo as well as tools such as Google Analytics, Google Drive, Asana, Slack, Engagio, ZoomInfo, NeverBounce
- Knowledge of email regulations such as GDPR, CAN-SPAM and CASL
- Knowledge of HTML
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Ability to be flexible and succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly growing organization
- Over-the-top attention to detail and editing skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects in coordination with cross-departments
- Driven with enthusiasm for experimentation and continuous improvement, excited to try new things, measure impact and learn
- Able to effectively work remote, and balance working with teams in global time zones
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Degreed Jobs for more details on Degreed and why you should come work with us!
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers — skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles and projects — and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. To learn even more,...