Email & SMS Marketing Manager
At Burrow, we make it radically easier to settle in by designing and manufacturing award-winning furniture for every corner of your home. We utilize extensive customer data and research to create the most convenient and comfortable end-to-end experience for our customers. Delivery, assembly, and reassembly (should you want to move) is a snap with our brilliantly simple designs. While our business is predominantly online, our HQ and retail showroom are in New York City.
As Burrow continues its rapid growth, product diversification and international expansion, we are seeking a detail- and action-oriented, entrepreneurial Email and SMS Marketing Manager to drive sales performance by leading the daily operations, analytics, and forward planning for our Email and SMS Marketing communications. Sitting at the nexus of Marketing, Creative, and Customer Experience, you’ll dedicate yourself to understanding the needs of the business and marrying them with the needs of the customer, satisfying both by creating compelling, best-in-class email/SMS acquisition, transactional, and retention campaigns. This position, reporting into our Sr. Conversational Marketing manager, sits on the Marketing team and is in constant communication with the Creative and Customer Experience teams. The role carries a significant amount of responsibility as the gatekeeper for customer & subscriber inbox experience. In turn, it offers a unique opportunity to influence and impact Burrow’s continued, rapid growth and expansion.
- Manage Burrow’s Email & SMS marketing channel
- Strategize and execute promotional campaigns, transactional emails, behavior-based workflows, and other tailored programs
- Lead and manage the end-to-end delivery of email deployments, from content creation in partnership with the creative team, to build, test, approvals, and deployment.
- Build creative briefs for new email campaigns and updates to current email templates
- Manage subscriber lists and build target segments based on past behavior and traits
- Manage and build triggered email campaigns and customer journey workflows
- Continuous performance and process improvement
- Develop and execute A/B testing plans to optimize campaigns towards program goals of driving revenue, customer satisfaction, and increasing community engagement
- Document processes and program evolution
- Email & SMS Performance Reporting
- Deliver Experiment-, Campaign-, Objective- and Program-level performance reporting
- Conduct analyses, identify opportunities, and make recommendations to continually improve performance and advance towards program goals
- Monitor email deliverability, IP health, and subscriber data hygiene
- Cross-functional collaboration & execution
- Collaborate with Burrow’s Email Developer in the production of emails, adhering to coding best practices while optimizing for user experience, deliverability, and inbox placement.
- Collaborate with our in-house Creative team to maintain a healthy cycle of design performance feedback and iterative improvement
- Create and communicate content (assets, copy, etc.) requirements to the Creative team for various scopes via a briefing process, and then coordinate handover and organization
- Collaborate with marketing channel owners, as well as retail, to accommodate and enhance a holistic, omnichannel shopping experience
- Collaborate with engineering to continuously improve our informational and transactional flows
- Coordinate content/experience partner integrations
- Help develop strategy for onsite activations
- Coordinate content delivery for integrations, such as cart and browse abandonment
- 2-3 years leading an Email Marketing program for a retail or ecommerce business
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience working with a major ESP and CRM tools
- Experience working with an Engineering team
- BS/BA or comparable work experience
- Knowledge of and experience developing HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of and experience building for JSON files and payloads
- Experience with SMS campaigns
- Knowledge and experience with Iterable
- Experience with highly-considered, large ticket purchases/categories
You in a Nutshell
- Expert-level cross-functional communicator and collaborator
- Scrappy, action-oriented executioner with an unrelenting detail-orientation and obsessive organization
- An agile, adaptive team player that feels equally comfortable leading and contributing / supporting
- Appreciates the scale of our mission, and understands that taking on the archaic but massive furniture industry requires an equally high amount of brain force and brute force
- Wants to make an immediate and lasting impact at an early stage, fast growing brand, and is ready to dedicate their time, energy, and experience to playing a vital role in Burrow’s continued growth
- Alignment with our core values: Customer Experience, Collaboration, Innovation
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
New York, NY
Burrow is not a normal furniture company. Normal was never good enough. Frustrated by compromises between quality, affordability, and convenience, we’re taking a new approach to furniture. We knew that if we wanted to make a meaningful difference, it wouldn’t be as simple as putting a couch in a box and selling it onl...