The Front-End Email Developer will be primarily responsible for developing email, using HTML, CSS and various ESP tools. The ideal Front-End Email Developer will have team experience and a minimum 3 years of front-end development, email development and ESP programming experience. Experience in Salesforce and Movable Ink is a must.
- Code, develop and deploy execute emails within Salesforce.
- Develop responsive email templates
- Run A/B tests for email, time of day, and subject lines.
- Innovate on new methods of segmentation, communication and advanced email techniques to better reach Home Depot’s audience.
- Understand campaign requirements and create segmentation rules as needed
- Build ad hoc promotional emails and email automations based on customer segmentation.
- Perform quality assurance, test links, and troubleshoot code rendering across multiple desktop and mobile devices.
- Partner with email vendor on platform improvements, updates and concerns.
- Drive improvement in email processes to operate more effectively through collaboration with cross-divisional teams.
- Run QA checks, test links, review proofs to ensure strong execution and quality.
- Provide front-end development support as appropriate to improve ecommerce site performance and functionality.
- Work on code features and back and frond-end applications for assigned projects
- Manage a number of email campaigns simultaneously, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Comfortably handle change requests and provide quick and efficient solutions.
- Internal Candidates: Must fulfill minimum time-in-position (1 year) and performance management code requirements (M+, Meets expectation, consistently demonstrates).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required.
- 3-5 years of relevant HTML/Email development work experience.
- Experience with email platforms Salesforce, and Movable Ink is a must
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS, and AMP scripting.
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience coding and testing mobile responsive designs.
- Retail experience a plus.
- Ability to handle a dynamic, fast-paced and changing environment.
- Experience working with non-technical teams and translating technical requirements to business and design partners.
- Must have a keen eye for detail to catch rendering issues across different browsers.
- Experience with coding responsive and scalable templates using traditional nested tables
- Experience in coding cross browser, cross email client and cross operating system compatible email templates.
- Experience testing templates using tools such as Litmus
- Ability to write code that is technically sound, performant, scalable, and readable.
- Understanding of accessibility design requirements.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and create improved efficiency.
- Experience in in configuration, testing and optimization of campaigns.
- Strong strategic thinking, creative problem solving and analytical skills.
- High level of attention to detail, and strong proofreading skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as an active member of a team, comprised of designers, strategy analysts and writers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
The Home Depot Canada
The Home Depot Canada is the Canadian arm of the world’s largest home improvement retailer. The company has 182 stores in 10 Canadian provinces, employing more than 30,000 associates from coast-to-coast. Our company is the largest home improvement retailer in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Our global expansion demonstra...