Growth Marketing Manager, Email
Pets are at the heart of our business and our people. Supporting pet parents is what we do best, and why we love working at Petplan, soon to be Fetch, one of the fastest-growing companies in the booming pet insurance market.
Our high-growth environment provides room for opportunity, development and exposure to new challenges. We’re seeking talented individuals who are driven, open-minded and who thrive in a rapidly evolving organization.
As our head of email marketing, you’ll have the opportunity to join a fast-paced and forward-thinking Growth marketing team and given responsibility to produce engaging and effective email programs, expand infrastructure to set the team up for success, and collaborate with partners to elevate the email marketing program and drive growth from one of our most important acquisition channels.
You are an email and SMS guru who’s tech savvy, data-driven, and creative. You are customer obsessed and think in terms of customer journeys not channel silos. You are a self-starter who can establish a strategic vision / roadmap execute with excellence in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment. You’re comfortable with a high level of responsibility, exceptional at prioritizing work, and excel under pressure.
- Re-imagine our email marketing growth strategy: Collaborate with our growth team to develop innovative data-driven and personalized email programs that deliver the right message to the right prospects at the right time with a focus on deliverability and inbox best practices.
- Manage with excellence: Define, monitor, optimize, and drive success of our acquisition email programs with a high attention to detail and drive for continuous improvement. Manage end-to-end processes including experiment design, creative briefing, development, execution, and post-campaign analysis.
- Lead and inspire: Develop an agile test and learn, innovative, fast-moving, and results-oriented environment with a small team of coordinators, consultants, agency partners, and advisors.
- Drive growth through segmentation and automation: Through iterative testing, develop segmented journeys and automated streams to engage and convert a variety of prospect segments.
- Develop flexible and dynamic messaging framework: Partner with brand and creative to develop messaging system that enables data-driven personalization at scale.
- Influence martech and data strategy: Partner with data, product, and tech teams to ensure the roadmap delivers on the ability to increase personalization and advanced targeting.
- Ensure data compliance: Partner with marketing, compliance, and data teams to ensure GDPR & CCPA compliance.
- Serve as subject matter expert: Develop a library of data-driven best practices and provide ongoing insights and strategy recommendations to the broader organization.
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Expert knowledge of email best practices, including strategy, segmentation, optimized messaging, personalization, and deliverability
- Experience with email marketing tools and advanced technology such as ListTrak, Iterable, Braze, Validity, MovableInk
- Knowledge of and familiarity working with HTML & CSS
- Analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization
- Detail-oriented and have strong time management and interpersonal skills, as well as having a great sense of urgency
- Demonstrated success in presenting analysis and recommendations to influence decisions and drive business results
- Demonstrated success developing strong cross-functional partnerships with data, product, IT, and marketing teams
- Experience managing email and other vendor relationships
- Exceptional at prioritizing work
- Experience using Agile methods and practices through multiple teams (Scrum and Kanban)
- Experience in experiment design and analysis
- Experience with customer data platforms such as Segment and Tealium
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
At Petplan, soon to be Fetch, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Petplan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Petplan Pet Insurance
New York, NY
Petplan is a leading pet health insurance provider, offering the most comprehensive pet insurance coverage in North America. Founded in 2003, Petplan was acquired by Warburg Pincus, a global private equity firm focused on growth investing, in October of 2019. The acquisition provides access to significant capital and r...