Email and Data Security Engineer
The Cyber Security Engineering Team is responsible for the availability, effectiveness, and coverage of centrally managed security platforms. This includes managing the technologies and creating processes to support this mission.
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, this role will be responsible for developing and maintaining toolsets email and data security technologies.
You will join at an exciting time to help improve our technology providing increased value to our colleagues. We are looking for a collaborative team player, with technical knowledge of security technologies who likes to work in a fast pace environment.
The successful candidate will support security technology in a large multinational organization, with opportunity to get exposure to other security technologies. They will contribute to and work as part of a global multi-disciplined security community with clear vision and direction, and top down support across the business. They will help the wider community in fostering a culture which is both security aware and is a great place to come to work.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Manage and maintain key global email and data security platforms globally
- Ensure the availability, effectiveness, efficiency of the technology
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the tools and associated processes
- Support security teams such as Global SOC to identify requirements and deliver improvements
- Ensure accurate and clear communication with all stakeholders
- Create and update run book documentation relating to technologies and associated processes
- Support creation and amendment of data loss prevention rules
Demonstrable track record of:
- Design, testing, development of multi-domain email security systems in a 10,000+ user enterprise
- Experience with SPAM and email DLP rules and policies, including troubleshoot and tuning
- Prior experience using email security gateways and ideally Proofpoint or Microsoft Exchange/Online
- Prior experience implementing SPF/DKIM/DMARC
- Proficient knowledge of mail flow from gateway to delivery
- Experience with phishing incident response
- Experience of email encryption
- Supporting IT or security requests and incidents
- Problem-solving and maintaining SLAs in a highly available environment
- The ability to work independently and effectively
- Ideally, with experience of email or endpoint DLP rule creation and maintenance
- Understanding of security principles
- A desire to learn and develop your cyber security skills and experience
Beneficial qualifications include:
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Willis Towers Watson
Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has more than 45,000 employees serving more than 140 countries and markets. We design and deliver solutio...