Senior Email Account Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Senior Account Manager, Email will help our clients leverage the power of digital marketing to drive new customer acquisition and engagement opportunities. The Senior Account Manager plays a pivotal role in maintaining client satisfaction and loyalty by providing exceptional services and value to our clients. The Senior Account Manager is responsible for the day-to-day execution of client programs and is the direct liaison between the internal departments and also supports the organization’s strategic, tactical and support functions (creative, technology, and analytics) in order to achieve the client and company objectives.
- Support or act as the primary conduit between Merkle business / support teams
- Accountability for communicating internal plans / methodology
- Create marketing strategies, testing, and execution of client programs
- Run internal and external client meetings; be responsible for daily communication with key internal contacts
- Ensure timeliness and quality of client deliverables to include campaign counts, reports, change requests and proposals
- Manage the campaign process and updating of all materials
- Maintain campaign matrix, reviews all art file updates for accuracy, reports on number of rounds and schedules
- Improve existing processes
- Ensure on time, on strategy, accurate program execution
- Responsible for forecasting, scope, managing to a budget and presenting these items to clients
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 8+ years extensive experience in email marketing
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience preferred
- Excellent, proven organizational skills, including strong attention to detail and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience using digital knowledge to sell new client engagement and expand existing engagements
- Hands-on skills using data to drive decisions - proficiency in Excel is required
- Experience in giving client presentations - proficiency in PowerPoint is required
- Knowledge of pricing tools, contracts and managing a SOW
- Ability to leverage business experience / acumen to identify new business and marketing opportunities
- Strong listening and superior relationship building skills
- Thought leadership and project manager mindset
- 1+ years of experience managing a team
- Willingness to travel overnight if needed
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value o...