Senior Email & Microsoft 365 Administrator
Job Title: Senior eMail & Microsoft 365 Administrator
Location(s): Harlow or Glenrothes
Function: Information Technology
Summary of Role
Raytheon UK has an opportunity for an experienced IT professional to fill the role of Senior Microsoft 365 Administrator with a strong eMail back ground within the UK Information Technology function. The function is responsible for the delivery of IT collaboration application services to all UK based divisions to successfully enable operational business and operational delivery.
The Senior eMail & Microsoft 365 Administrator is accountable for the Support and the day-to-day management of Microsoft 365, with particular focus on the Email environments within Raytheon UK. Reporting to the Head of Collaboration Services, the successful candidate shall manage, operate, improve, maintain and report the performance of the environment. They will be operationally focused and will support the optimal use of application technologies, driving to improve business efficiency, reduce risk and maximise customer engagement, both internally and externally.
• Day to day management of the Microsoft 365 environment.
• Act as the primary Subject Matter Expert and lead technical point of responsibility for Email (MS Exchange), and Messaging (Skype for Business).
• Lead the troubleshooting of all related service issues and make recommendations regarding their resolution.
• Maintain Service quality levels, overseeing diverse and complex customer service events that require drive and focus to resolve.
• Manage incidents, problems and changes to the service efficiently and effectively following the agreed and documented processes.
• Maintain system documentation. support procedures and rota/cover arrangements with actively managed preventative upgrade cycles.
• Develop your capability as the Subject Matter Expert to configure and maintain the On Prem Skype for Business service from a service administration perspective including configuration, tuning and scheduled maintenance.
• Support the provision of an Out of hours / On Call Cover service aligned to the rest of IT. In some cases 24x7 service cover by your service may be required on a rota basis.
• Support effective operational supplier performance and repairs & maintenance contracts, including software licencing compliance, software licence & support contract agreements and renewals.
• Support the development and implementation of key service level agreements (SLAs).
• Carry out a programme of daily/weekly/monthly checks and develop approaches to improve, streamline and automate the health status of the environment.
• Effectively manage own deliverables: Tickets, Small Works Projects and Technical implementation and upgrade projects.
• Meet IS assurance, governance and policies to ensure we operate with confidence, through effective maintenance of secure and stable IT platforms for the business, adherence to company security, accreditation and audit requirements.
• Ensure data retention and period maintenance are aligned.
• Proactively support the identification and management of risk via Risk Registers.
• Agree and participate in scheduled BCP/DR exercises.
• Maintain effective Asset Management and license compliance, system vulnerability management as required.
• Adhere to all the relevant and applicable policies and procedures in the department.
• Deputise for the Head of Collaboration Services where and when necessary.
• Deliver cross functional improvement projects were applicable utilising the Raytheon 6 Sigma methodology.
• Considerable experience of the design, implementation, administration and maintenance of MS Exchange and Skype for Business and Microsoft 365.
• Experience of relevant administration including Configuration, SMTP Mail Routing, MX Records, Content Filtering, Quarantine Management, security investigations, Data Subject Access Requests.
• Experience of providing high demand/mission critical systems on a 24x7 basis.
• Knowledge of Service Management disciplines engagement, design, delivery and maintenance lifecycles in a high technology or IT services domain.
• Have an understanding of ITIL best practice, qualified to a minimum of ITIL Foundation.
• Demonstrable evidence of effective problem solving skills in complex support incidents.
• Excellent relationship skills - the ability to build positive relationships with both technical and business personnel.
• Experience of delivering high demand technical services in a complex matrix structure.
• Good communication skills in written and oral presentation material
• Ability to demonstrate effective collaboration capability within virtual teams and multi-party environments.
• SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
• Experience in administration of Teams, Intune and OneDrive
• Experience of SharePoint technologies and methodologies, including creating, configuration and customizing of sites, Web Parts, Master Pages, Managed Metadata, and SharePoint Designer, topology and architecture.
• Knowledge of mobile email technologies (iPhone, Mobile Iron)
• Knowledge and experience of project and service delivery disciplines including business analysis and requirements gathering, resource planning, ability to create project proposals. Full project lifecycle experience, user support & training experience.
• Preferably degree level education although significant experience and track record with tertiary qualifications is acceptable.
• SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
• Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
• 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
• Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
• Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Required Education (including Major):172722
Business Unit Profile
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Glenrothes
United Kingdom - Harlow
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout