Technical Support Expert, Email Specialization
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Technical Support Expert with a specialization in Email, you will be an essential part of our Global Technical Support Team that owns the post-sale technical relationship with our customers.
INTERNAL ESCALATION POINT FOR EMAIL ISSUES
As a senior member of the Technical Support Team, you will be expected to act as an escalation point for critical issues, especially those which are focused on email as a channel of communication. You will be expected to provide assistance and guidance to more junior members of the Global Technical Support Team as well as other members of the organization outside of Technical Support around all matters email. Additionally you will work closely with our product teams as well as our engineers to make sure you’re in the know about all things email as it relates to the Braze product and the customer experience.
EMAIL SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT
You should come to this role with prior experience and knowledge in Email marketing and transactional sending, Email deliverability, and Email sending best practices. You will continue to educate the Global Technical Support team regarding specific email based Support Tickets and email issues/inquiries. You will provide as a resource Email Support during specified office hours within your region. Within this function you will be the first point of escalation for any Email specific support cases that need additional assistance from other customer facing internal teams.
HANDLING AND RESOLVING SUPPORT TICKETS
There will be an expectation of owning Technical Support cases and responding to customers directly. You are expected to be able to prioritize, troubleshoot, and build a response plan for complex inbound customer support issues relating to our platform. You will work in coordination with your Global Technical Support Leadership and teammates to ensure our customers are able to quickly and successfully overcome any technical issues they may face when using our platform. You’ll also regularly contribute to our knowledge database, helping to “pay it forward” allowing teammates and customers to learn quickly from your insight. Want to learn and grow in the role? Perfect!
WHO YOU ARE
People say you’re a great communicator and top-tier problem solver! You have exemplary written and verbal communication skills with unparalleled follow-up skills. You leave people with the impression that you are really listening to them, understand their problem, and you’re there to help. You look for every opportunity to make things better and you’re all about the team. You get a thrill from helping customers and you know that even though the job isn’t easy, you’re making a difference each and every day. You’re naturally curious and you see every problem as an opportunity to learn more or help others (teammates or customers) learn more too. On top of that you find yourself thinking of all things email. Your professional experience and knowledge of email sending best practices as well as the email industry as a whole is unmatched and you’re the kind of person who would love to distill that information down and share it with others.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university (or similar experience-based proficiency level)
- 4-6 years experience supporting a technical product, ideally in SaaS or Mobile
- Experience with third-party testing and analysis tools, like Email on Acid, Litmus, Return Path, 250OK, and SNDS
- A working knowledge of email authentication including DKIM, SPF, MX, and DMARC
- Experience with SSL, deep linking, AMP, and other email add-ons and processes
- Have an understanding of the regulatory environment for email, like GDPR, CAN-SPAM, and CASL
- Experience working directly with Email in a SaaS product and knowledge around Email sending best practices and deliverability
- Excellent communication skills and customer-centric attitude
- Ability to be part of an “on call” after-hours rotation team
- Experience handling time-sensitive, pressure-intensive customer issues
- Working knowledge of Case Management tools like Salesforce, Zendesk or similar ticketing system
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in a way others can easily understand
- Technical domain knowledge of one or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, APIs.
- Experience in mobile platforms (Android, iOS)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.
Please mention you came from emailtribe when applying to this job!
Something does not look right? 👀 Give us a shout
New York, NY
Braze is a comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers relevant and memorable experiences between consumers and the brands they love. Context underpins every Braze interaction, helping brands foster human connection with consumers through interactive conversations across channels that deliver value quickly a...